X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,2 apprentice battery sizing

What sizes of batteries will fit and work with this plane?

What does the instruction manual say?

Comment

Originally posted by Roadtroll View Post
      What sizes of batteries will fit and work with this plane?
      Are you talking about the 1.2 mini apprentice from hobbyzone? if so it uses a 3C 1300 a couple of my students have this plane and we can get ten to 15 minute flights with the 3c 1300's

Comment

I have 3C 1100 -
        was told the 1.2 pretty twitching in the wind - any comments

Comment

What kind of winds? steady, gusty, light and variable, High winds 15 to 20 mph or higher. Most trainers with flat bottom wings are all twitchy in winds above 10 to 15 mph. that also depends on who told you that they are twitchy and how much experience they have.

Comment

First of all, the manual and the product webpage states that this plane takes a 3s, 1300mah LiPo battery, so your 1100mah, is a bit on the light side. As for being twitchy in the wind, your plane also has SAFE with recovery mode. This should provide some stability in wind but you never said how much wind. This is a trainer airplane and even with SAFE, it really should not be flown by its target end user in high winds.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadtroll View Post
              I have 3C 1100 -
              was told the 1.2 pretty twitching in the wind - any comments
              Flying mostly here in SD and WYO I will have my students learn how to fly planes in strong winds 15 to 20 mph. This plane will, and if you like using the safe which I start my student with it will help in the strong winds we have in SD and WYO. I will say if you do not have the experience flying planes such as the mini 1.2 Hobbyzone Apprentice in high winds I would strongly advise not to do so. Flying this plane in high winds requires the experience of an Expert Pilot. There are RC Pilots here in SD and WYO. that Fly in high wind all the time.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback -

Comment

Need to install som EC3 connectors - who makes the best?

Comment

EC3 connectors are not really a "high voltage" part, so the difference between "best and worst" isn't going to make a huge difference (unlike Deans). Go to your local hobby store and check out what they have. Buying them online just by themselves isn't worth it. The shipping may run you more than what the parts cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X