Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1600mm Spitfire: tail horn is on the wrong side and the pushrod is too short

1600mm Spitfire: tail horn is on the wrong side and the pushrod is too short - anyone had this problem ?

The horn is separate and can be pulled off and turned around. Remove the small screw first. Should be fairly obvious.

Comment

Evan D: many thanks for your thoughts. I have found that it I read the instructions thoroughly 3 or 4 times I would have noticed that the rear wheel and the rudder are linked so everything is now ok. Except that I have now lost a tiny, tiny nut. I must find it before my Jack Russell puppy does.

Comment

Had a problem with the propeller / motor shaft nut - now fixed - so to Motion RC - many thanks for the replacement parts that I have just received.

I am most grateful for your attention in this matter - and for the smiley face on the packing slip.

Comment

Hello ,
          I have 50 years of experience in model making and I have built Spits to see at least 20 different types stolen. From 1200 to 3000mm wingspan.😍 This one 1600mm ... assembled in 1 hour it's pure fantasy, unless you throw a dab of glue on the fuselage and wait for it to dry.🤣
          The deflections indicated are clearly exaggerated to see dangerous, .. a "realistic" flight is impossible! But certainly it is planned for the "Playstation-Generation" !!😏
          The CG 5-8mm further behind.
          Decorative adhesives will not survive a summer day because the quality is so poor. The yellow bands for the leading edge are wrong, 1 of the 4 has the wrong curvature ... (no I was not wrong) ... therefore unusable.🙄
          For the price paid, I expected a little more serious.😑
          Ciaooo a tutti
          Gep

Comment

You have made some interesting points - thanks - I thought it was just me.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardOtto View Post
              1600mm Spitfire: tail horn is on the wrong side and the pushrod is too short - anyone had this problem ?
              No. mine was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Geppetto View Post
                Hello ,
                I have 50 years of experience in model making and I have built Spits to see at least 20 different types stolen. From 1200 to 3000mm wingspan.😍 This one 1600mm ... assembled in 1 hour it's pure fantasy, unless you throw a dab of glue on the fuselage and wait for it to dry.🤣
                The deflections indicated are clearly exaggerated to see dangerous, .. a "realistic" flight is impossible! But certainly it is planned for the "Playstation-Generation" !!😏
                The CG 5-8mm further behind.
                Decorative adhesives will not survive a summer day because the quality is so poor. The yellow bands for the leading edge are wrong, 1 of the 4 has the wrong curvature ... (no I was not wrong) ... therefore unusable.🙄
                For the price paid, I expected a little more serious.😑
                Ciaooo a tutti
                Gep
                Thanks for come here and giving us your view of this plane, It is very unfortunate that your first post to the site is nothing more than bash, I for one love the plane and there is a movie in the works that will have my plane featured in the flying portions. Good luck with you future plane endeavors.

Ron
                AMA 424553

Comment

I agree with this. Go build a similar kit plane for the price this costs and tell us how much you got done in an hour. Every plane needs some adjustments and after being in modeling for 50 years the amount this should have taken is very minimal.

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Thanks for come here and giving us your view of this plane, It is very unfortunate that your first post to the site is nothing more than bash, I for one love the plane and there is a movie in the works that will have my plane featured in the flying portions. Good luck with you future plane endeavors.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                  X