X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite P-51 D 1.2m motor upgrade to a 1260kv any thoughts good/bad

Ok I love this plane it’s supper fun and Ive learned a lot with it. First war bird. The only thing it’s a tank and I’d like too give it some more power from the stock 850kv 40amp esc to a 1260kv with a 60amp esc! Any chance that’s a bad idea?

What batteries are you using? 3 or 4 cell?I've flown mine stock with 4 cell but not pinned all the time definitely better performance than the 3cell. You could also get that 60 amp esc and use a 4s 2500 and see better performance. I haven't done it with my P51 but I also have the eflite pt17 that I did swap out with a 60amp esc and it has way more vertical grunt. It's a biplane and a draggy airframe. But I am pretty sure it uses the same 850kv motor as the 1200mm P51. It does use a two blade 11by7 prop, it will run an 11by8 as well but I haven't used it yet.

I also have a Arrows Bearcat that has an 850kv motor that I swapped out the esc to a 60amp or 65. I use the same prop as my Eflite p51. I run 4s 2200 and 2500. It is way faster and climbs vertically forever. Upping the esc might be the solution you're looking for, or at least a place to start and then get the motor. Someone else can chime in on the higher kv motor.

Comment

Thanks for the info dude. The batt. I’ve only used 4s 2200 in it! Now I went too the two blade prop a 10x11 wasn’t much difference. I just bought two 4s 2600 that I’m going to try next! Thanks for your help and happy thanksgiving to all!!

Comment

Working...
      X