X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexa F6f

Click image for larger version  Name:	4ED0C74A-F025-4650-81D9-FD339975C90A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	285904Click image for larger version  Name:	BC274FE1-9327-43B7-95C6-F49222CAB5E3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	148.1 KB ID:	285905waiting for a few parts but all going well everything fits well and the wing bolts holes are pre drilled and actually line up well... motor and esc will be fms 5060 300kv and ztw 85a esc servos are ordered so just waiting for awhile...

Y harnesed the left side flaps and the right side flaps then Y the two sides seems one servo chatters and moves on its own. With the servo tester it works fine. Could it be bad from asking too much juice from one port on the reciver?

Comment

finally finished weight is 10lbs with a 6s 4500 a 5060 fms 300kv motor it cg ed right at book value if it weighed any more it might not get off the ground Click image for larger version

Name:	f6f 111.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	290189Click image for larger version

Name:	f6f 1111.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	290190

Comment

Looking forward to your flight reports. I'm a big Hellcat fan. I have the Dynam F6F. But, I'm really interested in the Nexa version.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
          finally finished ]
          R1, Great looking bird. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I'm gonna pick this up soon, I have a .60 size motor esc ready to go, just need the servos and airframe

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              I'm gonna pick this up soon, I have a .60 size motor esc ready to go, just need the servos and airframe
              I know, just how cool is this airframe. Post pics of the build, please and have a very Merry Christmas, Sir. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Will do, and you have a merry Christmas as well.

Comment

Just ordered the hellcat, looking forward to the build

Comment

rifleman_btx, Love the HC, looking forward to seeing your build, Sir and Happy New Year to you, too. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Happy New Year Elbee brother! Absolutely can't wait to get going on it i have a power 60 setup im gonna do on it. With a 500kv 6s system on an 80 amp esc that will also have an 8 amp external bec driving the electronics. I'm thinking it should scoot along fairly well.

Comment

i still havent flown mine as we have had bad weather or high winds past few weeks...has anyone thought how to get the 4 flaps to work as one? i found a 4 into one Y type harness on ebay but havent tryed it in flight at all just wondering about any other idears on this Click image for larger version

Name:	YYYYYYY.png
Views:	551
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	293588

Comment

Should work fine. Mine will be here Monday

Comment

what motor will u use? mine didnt need any nose weight due to a big 5060 fms motor of corse i havent flown mine yet either lol good luck with yours. its a very easy build after the cowel and motor are fitted for the prop btw the wing hold down bolt holes are in the wing u just have to find them, i almost started drilling holes before i found them

Comment

I've actually found an old 5056 430kv i forgot I had with a 150A esc. I'm planning to use that vs the slightly smaller motor (500kv) that came off my crashed flex inovations Cap.

Comment

prob wont need any nose weight then as it sounds as big and heavy as the 5060. i used the fms 4 blade prob and hub from the 170mm v4 corsair and that is kinda heavy also...keep us advised on the build please

Comment

Will do, it just arrived this evening, very impressed with how its setup. Ready to get rolling on this project.

Comment

Night one, installed all servos in the wings and fuse. Joined the wings together. Tomorrow I will work on the tail feathers and hooking up the servos to the control surfaces and installing the motor/esc. So far its a pretty fun build project.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Night one.
                                      RM, Great looking airframe. Nice choice and great work, Sir, as usual. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Finished her up today the motor mount was a bear, but once I got that part done, the rest was smooth sailing. Also did some soldering work instead of multiple y harnesses. Probably saved me a couple oz of weight in wires and plugs. Really excited to test fly her soon.

Comment

Working...
                                        X