Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightline Corsair Papa Dotted

James,

This is a short video of how my Flightline 1600mm F4U-1D Corsair turned out after using the "Papa Dotting" technique. Below is the link to the youtube video:

That looks fantastic! Man, I need to get a new one and do that. Thanks a lot!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thank you. I have lots of other things that I have done to an older Top Flite balsa Kit Corsair, sliding canopy, LED lighting and controls, Etc. This Corsair is a work in progress for the last 2 plus years. I will get the slide canopy video posted today within YouTube.

Regards

Comment

Aros Here is the link to the sliding canopy.

Comment

Ah man, that is sweet! I was hoping my builder for my 85" ESM Corsair would be able to do the servo-activated sliding canopy like that but for whatever reason he wasn't able so mine is manually activated. Look forward to seeing more videos!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by CorsairPilot17 View Post
            Flightline1600mm F4U-1D Corsair [with] "Papa Dotting" technique.
            CP, Bravo Zulu, Sir. Also, which Blue Shades did you use for your Tri-Color scheme? Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Elbee Here are the colors that I used. I used a Navy custom mix to match the existing dark blue (from Home Depot). Got it from a post within the Flightline 1600MM F4U-1A Corsair posting. I can post a photo of the top of the can if needed, for the sky blue I used Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover satin AQUA. Its not exact match, but only a shade or 2 off, also readily available.

Comment

Aros this sliding canopy using a linear servo that pushes straight backwords. Here are some photos of the assembly.
                Attached Files

Comment

CorsairPilot17 Yeah that's what we were looking at for the mechanism. I think there was some kind of block based on re-routing the pushrods to make room for the full depth cockpit but I am not certain on that. Where did you get that canopy? I am in the hunt looking for a better canopy. The ones I have found so far are too flimsy. I need a sturdy canopy for mine. Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread that is about the FL Corsair...
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros sorry for the long delay in my response, life got in the way. Anyway I used the standard and custom made the skeleton for both the sliding section and front section. With the skeleton it makes the standard canopy stiff enough to handle the pressure of the slide. You can try to make a skeleton out of fiberglass or carbon fiber, I just an not as good at using those materials.

I have also used the standard Top Flite cockpit kit, with some additional modifications. I just don't have the cockpit painted and finished. I will show photos when do with it. I used the dashboard from the 3d printed part from the bubble top Flightline mode. I have the dashboard lite up with LEDs.

Comment

Great, look forward to the photos!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                      X