You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22IN MINI Warbird's from FlyFly Hobbie. (T-28 TROJAN & CURTIS P40 WARHAWK - I cant find the F4U CORSAIR in stock anywhere.)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22IN MINI Warbird's from FlyFly Hobbie. (T-28 TROJAN & CURTIS P40 WARHAWK - I cant find the F4U CORSAIR in stock anywhere.)

Hey everyone:
    I dont usually post threads but I had such a fun time with these models that I thought Id just share a cheap and fun way to pass some quality time building something worth the energy at the end. Now that I have maidened the T28 and just about ready to do the same on the P40 I figured Id just share what setup I used that worked for me and ended with a successful and fun maiden flight.

Specifications:

T28 TROJAN- 550mm EPO , 2s Lipo Battery 450mah, COG @ 35mm from wing root leading edge, I used the detrum motor out of my Dynam P51 mini 796mm and used an 18 amp ESC.
    Install the receiver up front near the cowl, and install the battery closer to the center of wing to achieve perfect CG.

P40 Curtis Warhawk- 550mm EPO, 2s Lipo Battery 450mah, COG @ 40mm from wing root leading edge, I used the recommended 1806-2400kv motor by G Force and an 12amp ESC. I havnt decided on the prop or the spinner as the P40 spinner is critical to the right look of the plane so as soon as I get that on the plane it will be maiden ready. Thank You for checking it out. Wish everyone the best and Merry Christmas !
    Attached Files

Did you get those from value hobby? I have both the T28 and the P40 as well. I have some other projects in the works and these are on sort of static display next to my bench. Seeing yours makes me want to finish mine. I have the recommended motors for both, but your T28 setup sounds like fun and powerful as it should be.
    I can't get the P40 spinner mounted correctly, it has a big gap between it and the fuse, so I stopped there. I have the servos for both. What receiver are you using? Thanks for posting your specs. I really should get mine going because I know.i could easily fly them in my front yard.

Nice work! And Merry Christmas as well!

Comment

Thank You. yes the spinner/prop that came with the P40 gave me problems also and couldnt get it looking or working right so I ditched it. I only use/own Detrum RX/TX, the one I prefer from them and the one in both the T28 & P40 is the DETRUM MSR66A. I also use the DETRUM DT9 transmitter. Yes their from ValueHobby.com I was hoping to get the F4U CORSAIR in the same kit but havnt been able to find it anywhere. The next one i am going to get I think is the 28IN SUKHOI SU-27 PUSHER JET KIT (EPO FOAM) being that I already have a 2300kv motor and a 40amp esc. Havent quite decided what to do yet. but Thank You Again and Merry Christmas!

Comment

Thanks Airmanomen yeah please share should you get the sukhoi. I like this line of smaller planes and am eager to see how they fly. I of course prefer bigger planes but it is a small production to load up and go fly those. I have the eachine corsair and p51 that I buzz around in my yard, but without the programming capabilities they aren't as fun. I have been hoping these planes will fit the bill for a quick fix at home.

Comment

will do. If you get a chance, I'd really highly recommend checking out the Detrum Line of stabilized receivers. I found the Detrum electronics to be alot simpler than the spektrum line and the gyros and gps receivers are cheap cost for an outstanding product that works. Just my opinion. It's good to hear there are others out there that also like to take the casual break from the bigger planes and "bust" out the little ones, they are a blast if you get them dialed in correctly.

Comment

T28s are good flyers at any size, i am just revamping my eleven hobby 1100mm t28 with motor from an fms pc21 to give me about 650watts of power on 4 s with the 10" 3 blade prop.

Comment

sounds like its going to be alot quicker with the new setup. if you dont mind posting some pics when your all done, I'd like to see them. Thank You.

P.S. I only own the one T28, I didnt know they all fly well, I have heard that about the corsair's.

Comment

Originally posted by Airmanomen View Post
                sounds like its going to be alot quicker with the new setup. if you dont mind posting some pics when your all done, I'd like to see them. Thank You.

P.S. I only own the one T28, I didnt know they all fly well, I have heard that about the corsair's.
                Its pretty much as my Avatar but with FMS 3541 750kv motor but using the 5 blade prop from the FMS PC21 Pilatus 1100mm, the stock motor is 3 s FMS3536850kv motor about 380watt max.
                This is the eleven Hobby/roc hobby version 1100mm wingspan, Arrows hobby or Hobbyking do similar versions

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201229_091534[1].jpg
Views:	389
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	292336

Comment

Working...
                X