X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery questions.

Finally after many years ago I am finally able to find time to put my kit together. This is a great planes .40 spitfire. I will be using a motor I bought around the same time which is OS .46 LA nitro engine. I HAVE A FUTABA 6j radio. Receiver says 4.8- 7.4 bolts. I want a battery for the plane to last a while for flying as this is my only model so far. So I’d like to fly for a good part of the day before packing up and heading home. I’ve attached a couple pictures of the plane build so far and a battery pic with description of the battery. Can someone tell me what kind of fly time I would get out of this battery and if there are any other better suggestions please feel free to educate me on this. Thank you
    Attached Files

You should get about an hour, enough for about 4 15 minute flights. The length of the flights will depend on the fuel tank size. Check the battery between flights though.

Comment

Awesome. Fuel tank is 10oz. Sounds great. Can you recommend a charger for these batteries?

Comment

It has to be one that works for a LiFe battery. A LiPo or Liion is different. Do you plan on using the charger for other batteries and what size? I ask because there are inexpensive chargers that would work for that battery but if you plan on going electric and a charger that can charge LiFe, LiPo, NiMh and NiCd may be better.

Comment

No. I plan on just using reg rechargeable AA batteries in my radio and this battery for my airplane. I plan on buying 2 of these batteries and just looking for a recommendation of a charger for them.

Comment

Working...
          X