Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa 2710mm Piper PA-18 Super Cub - ARF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nexa 2710mm Piper PA-18 Super Cub - ARF Thread

Piper PA-18 Super Cub 2710mm (106.6") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1019-001

The Piper PA-18 Super Cub is a two-seat, single-engine monoplane. Introduced in 1949 by Piper Aircraft, it was developed from the Piper PA-11, and traces its lineage back through the J-3 to the Taylor E-2 Cub of the 1930s. In close to 40 years of production, over 9,000 were built. Super Cubs are commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner towing and glider towing.

The Nexa Super Cub is a large scale electric/gas series civilian aircraft with a 2710mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and fully covered. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes a two piece wing design with aluminum wing joiner, fiberglass cowling, flaps, a large battery hatch and pre-hinged and installed control surfaces.
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa Piper PA-18 Super Cub comes fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail.
    Scale Details Throughout

Satisfying scale details accentuate the Super Cub including fiberglass cowling and operational flaps.
    Large Hatch

The large hatch allows for an incredible amount of space for any battery and electronic requirements.
    Large Scale Yet Easy To Transport

The Nexa Super Cub is a large scale model but with the easy to remove wing it makes transportation a non-issue.
    FEATURES:
    • Fully covered with panel line and rivet detail
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Two piece wing with aluminum wing joiners for easy transport
    • Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and slower landings
    • Fiberglass cowling for added scale appeal
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows easy access to your chosen electric setup
    INCLUDES:
    • Nexa Piper PA-18 Super Cub 2710mm (106.6") Wingspan - ARF
    • Wheels, spinner, fiberglass cowling
    • Motor mount
    • Hardware and decals
    REQUIRES:GAS REQUIRES:Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).
    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 6+ HOURS
    Model Scale 1/4
    Wingspan 2710mm / 106.6in
    Length 1720mm / 67.7in
    Weight N/A
    CG (Center of Gravity) 95-100mm from the wing's leading edge at the root
    Power System 245kV Brushless Outrunner Motor or 30cc Four-Stroke Engine (required)
    Electronic Speed Control 120A (required)
    Propeller / EDF 18x12 2-blade for electric or 16x10 gas propeller for gas (required)
    Servos 5x high voltage/torque standard: left aileron, right aileron, left elevator, right elevator, rudder (required)
    2x metal gear standard: left flap, right flap (required)
    Landing Gear Fixed taildragger (included)
    Required Battery 2x 4 Cell 14.8V 4500 - 5000 mAh LiPo Batteries in Series for 8S (required)
    Required Radio 6+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon
    Material Balsa and light plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors

Looking through the manual, I don't see an obvious battery hatch. I wonder if this is "an exercise left to the builder." If so, Looks like there are a couple options, but it would require examining the fuse carefully to pick a path that won't weaken the firewall. Nice looking plane, overall!

Comment

Gringotuerto I'd be willing to bet that the battery hatch is the side cabin door. Much like other Cub models.

Comment

Thanks, you're right, I missed that. I was looking at the photo of the fuse from one side, but you can click on the photo from the other side and it clearly shows the door wide open. That would be plenty of room to access the battery:

Comment

Anyone know the weight of this plane? Has anyone built one?

Comment

I am also interested in the weight. Any information, please?

Comment

Originally posted by axlindst View Post
              I am also interested in the weight. Any information, please?
              I think "Nexa" is MotionRC's brand for VQ models. VQ's website lists these stats:
              Wingspan: 2710mm (106.6in.)
              - Fuselage: 1720mm (67.7in.)
              - Weight (ready to fly): 5.8 - 6.2 kg
              - Gas engine: 26cc - 30cc / 2 stroke
              - Gas engine: 38cc / 4 stroke
              - Electric motor: Boost 160 with Lipo 22.2V -
              5000 mAh x 2
              - Radio req: 6 channel / 8 servos

Comment

Anyone know the width of the fuselage at the main landing gear? Wondering if a a set of Robart Cub gear would fit this.

Comment

Working...
                X