X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam Albatros power plant

The motor in my Dynam Albatros failed today - the wire leads rubbed against the can and severed one. Those wires can't be resoldered with home tools. It seems the stock motor is not available right now. Has anyone installed another setup? Thanks guys!
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    The motor in my Dynam Albatros failed today - the wire leads rubbed against the can and severed one. Those wires can't be resoldered with home tools. It seems the stock motor is not available right now. Has anyone installed another setup? Thanks guys!
    That motor for the Albatross is listed as in stock on Bitgo Hobby

Detrum 3720-600kV Brushless Motor (bitgohobby.com)

Comment

Hey Hildebrandt, I've seen your posts in the tank forum. So, I have a question; have you used the motor you tagged? I ask because the motor I had was a 650KV (3720A3-KV650, not too different) but mine seemed sort of underpowered. Maybe it was the fault of the wires being worn down. If you used the 600KV motor, were you happy with it?

Comment

SoCalBobS

No I have not. I simply cross referenced that motor from the old product page for the Albatross on MotionRC. It seems that Dynam upgraded to the motor that you have in the plane now. The motor I linked to is the old stock motor so it's probably underpowered. I would look for maybe an Admiral equivalent, but you'd need to measure the can and shaft size and follow the charts on the Motion motor pages. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
          Hey Hildebrandt, I've seen your posts in the tank forum. So, I have a question; have you used the motor you tagged? I ask because the motor I had was a 650KV (3720A3-KV650, not too different) but mine seemed sort of underpowered. Maybe it was the fault of the wires being worn down. If you used the 600KV motor, were you happy with it?
          You will like the 650's on any of the dynam planes that use the 600kv, better performance and the battery and the motor are cooler, I changed them on the Corsair and the Hellcat to 650's and used the 13-8 4 blade from the unique hobby's Corsair, Both fly better.
          AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

You will like the 650's on any of the dynam planes that use the 600kv, better performance and the battery and the motor are cooler, I changed them on the Corsair and the Hellcat to 650's and used the 13-8 4 blade from the unique hobby's Corsair, Both fly better.
            Thanks for the input! They're out of stock everywhere. I've emailed BitGo to see when/if they might restock.

Comment

I see that the Albatros has the 800kv motor and not the 500kv as thought, you could put the 500kv (I said 600kv) and with the 50amp esc you could fly 5s.
              AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
              X