X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint

Does anyone know where I can get the olive green touch up paint for the flight line B24

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9634.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	299835
    Originally posted by Scornette View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get the olive green touch up paint for the flight line B24
    Hi Scornette: What a lot of us do is take a part of the model that is fairly flat, like a vertical or horizontal stabilizer to an ACE hardware store or Home Depot, etc., and have them do a quick analysis of the paint color with a little computer scan that they have. You need at least an area the size of a quarter or bigger, preferably very flat with no curves that distort the reading. Also, be sure to match the sheen of the paint on your plane, whether it's flat, satin, egg shell, etc., I have done this with most of my planes even before I put them together to have paint ready to touch up dings or scratches in the various colors of the plane. It works well.

I'll attach a pic of my B-24 that I painted up in the colors of a plane my dad flew in WWII. The OD touchup paint I got from Home Depot worked great. For instance, I modified a little the grey camo line from the model to what the plane actually had, and you can't tell the difference from the factory paint job.

Hope this helps

davegee

Comment

Working...
    X