Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFlite 1.5M P-51D installed in museum!

Hi All: some of you might have seen or read some threads that I have posted recently on the EFlite 1.5M P-51D LOU IV model. I bought one, at first was just going to paint out the blue camo for green as was the case in the WWII version of this plane that I was trying to model. As I got more into it, I became moved to convert the plane into a hanging memorial to the 361st Fighter Group and its CO, Col. TJJ "Jack" Christian, Jr. who was killed on a mission during WWII. I made arrangements to send this model, after I had removed all the "innards" to the Bottisham Airfield Museum in England, where this unit flew from. Today, they sent me pictures, taken just a couple hours ago, of it hanging in the museum in memory of Col Christian, and this fighter unit. All worked out very smoothly getting it over there and getting it set up. I did buy a second plane that I am enjoying flying, painted identically to the museum model. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2073.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	304002Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	304003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2074.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	304004

davegee, A noble gesture and a fitting tribute, Sir. Outstanding. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks, LB. I guess it is also a tribute to my late dad and 98 year old father-in-law who flew B-17s and B-24s over there, too, as well as many other friends who flew P-47s and P-51s over there, as well. They protected the bomber guys on those missions.

Comment

Working...
      X