X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avios Albatross Spetrum setup help

It's been a long time since I've flown, but I just got back Into it. Things have changed a bit, or I've just forgotten what I am doing, or both. I have an NX 10 from spektrum and I'm trying to setup the albatross.
    one point I had the rudder working and nothing else. Then I had throttle working and nothing else.
    I think I need help trying to figure out first which model type it should be configured as. There are wing types like normal, or different aileron and rudder combos.
    I also noticed that red red tail light blinks, and 1 wing light is lit, but the other wasn't.
    Any setup help would be appreciated. I am Beyond frustrated..

I must assume that you’ve followed the downloadable manual and assembled the plane as per that manual. On page 15 of that manual, it tells you how you need to hook up the leads to a receiver. You need at least a 7 channel TX and RX to make it all work.
    In the TX, you must start with a new model and in “aircraft type”, you want “1AIL, 1 flap”. The 2 throttle leads should be “Y’d” together and plugged into the throttle port. The ailerons should be “Y’d” together and plugged into the AIL port. Elevator lead to ELE. Rudder to RUD. The motor reverse lead should be plugged into the gear channel and is controlled by the gear switch. Flaps leads should be “Y’d” together and plugged into the flap channel (ch. 6 or AUX1). Then you go to your flap menu and select the switch you want to control them. You have to program the % flap in each position so you zero it for normal flight, 1/2 flaps for take off and full flaps for landing. Elevator compensation is a trial and error thing.
    The lights gets plugged into any channel using a “Y”, unless you have an extra channel for that. Of importance is all plugs must be plugged in with the correct polarity.
    Follow the manual for the rest, like throttle calibration, etc. Choose the smaller number for CG. This plane flies better when nose heavy.
    It might be wise to seek “in person” help at your local RC field if all this is confusing to you.

Comment

Thank you so much this very helpful. I think I may have a polarity issue as part of of it, but it was the 1 ail 1 flap that was confusing me. What about the tail? Which one do you select for that?
      Also at one point when I plugged in, one of the servos sounded like it was spinning really fast. Nothing was moving but it had a loud spinning noise.
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SunDowner View Post
        Thank you so much this very helpful. I think I may have a polarity issue as part of of it, but it was the 1 ail 1 flap that was confusing me. What about the tail? Which one do you select for that?
        Also at one point when I plugged in, one of the servos sounded like it was spinning really fast. Nothing was moving but it had a loud spinning noise.
        Thank you
        "Normal tail" - you don't have to do anything. It just defaults to normal tail unless you say otherwise. Look at your TX's monitor when you move sticks or flip switches. That will tell you if any channel is working, what the travel range is and what direction the servo is going.
        Polarity - you know what that means, right? Look at all your servo wires and plugs. The plugs must be plugged into "Y's" and extensions and receiver ports with negative (-), positive (+ center wire) and signal wire in the correct position. Turning any plug around the other way can make the servo inoperative and sometimes, can burn one out.
        If the servo is spinning, it may be a sign that it's been compromised (burned out). Likely needs replacing.
        You did get the manual, right?

Comment

Yeah I had a pdf, which i feel was a bit lacking. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like they didn't put all the info there that would be helpful.
          Yes I understand how the polarity works, I did have the one wing light flipped around.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDowner View Post
            Yeah I had a pdf, which i feel was a bit lacking. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like they didn't put all the info there that would be helpful.
            Yes I understand how the polarity works, I did have the one wing light flipped around.
            Very good that you know about polarity. Some people don't understand why you can't turn a plug over. As for those manuals, be they online or paper, that's the way most model planes are, especially when dealing with planes that aren't considered beginner planes. Really basic information is seldom included because if they include every possible thing, those manuals would be 2 to 3 times as long. Manufacturers who sell "beginner" planes might provide more info but even those, seldom do it. They expect beginners to seek "in person" assistance or read up about it in TX and RX manuals or watch videos on the given subject. In this day and age of "Google", you can find stuff about almost anything. I don't consider an Albatross as a beginner or novice airplane.

Comment

Working...
            X