Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASSEMBLY OF OHIO MODEL PRODUCTS (BUDDY RC) EDGE 540 ( 60 SZ. ) BY PAPA BOOZER

Well guys, I am a little out of my environment. Wes wanted to get a real 3D airplane, so I am elected to do the assembly. This airplane is awesome right out of the box! Carbon fiber construction, beautiful covering and graphics, quality hardware, and even a wing bag provided. Wes has chosen the Sunnysky motor recommend by Buddy RC, Hitec servos, and the Avian Smart ESC 100 amp., and last the AR637T Spectrum Smart receiver. The only thing negative is there is no assembly manual. You must go into the website and watch the their assembly video. Or maybe, after I finish, follow this assembly. I usually say about this time, I will follow the manual. So, I will start with all my experience of the past, and go from here. If you are wondering what to look for, go over to the warbird section and look at one of my assemblies there. Last, do not use the products shown at first, things change. Wait until this assembly is completed and a successful flight video is show on the Merry Boozer's RC Channel.

Day 1, GENERAL PHOTOS
    Attached Files

Comment

DAY 1 CONTINUED Elected to start on assembly of vertical and horizontal stabilizers. Important steps, please take your time on this process. First, is the horizontal stabilizer, dry fit this before any glue is used and check the alinement. I elected to use five minute epoxy, Do not use too much or too little, you can clean the epoxy with rubbing alcohol. Install the block behind the elevator with epoxy. On to the rudder, you must glue the hinges in. Again, using the epoxy, and dry fitting before install. Make sure not to get glue in the hinge itself. If this happen use the alcohol before the glue set up. Install the tail wheel, this is simple only using three screws. Last, install the control horns on both controls. Assemble the control rods, and attach to horns. Finish off with the install of the servos, also use you servo checker to center servo. You may have to enlarge the holes for the servos, all I needed was a hobby knife. The servo wires were install for both elevator and rudder through the fuselage from the factory. Loving the detail that making this model easy for assembly.
      Attached Files

Comment

DAY 2 Installed the motor, no problem here. Be prepared to have so type of spacers. this is to get the proper distance between the spinner and fuselage. I order some nylon spacers on Amazon, works well. Next, installed the ESC, lots of room and used cable ties to secure. On to the mounting of nose cowl. Also, very simple. Ensure proper distance between the spinner and cowl, use blue tape. This keep it from moving, so I could drill hole for mounting screws. Next, was the landing gear, wheels were mounting on a aluminum studs and secured with two screw along with wheel pants. Note: Do not forget to slide the upper fuselage gear covers. ( Bright Yellow ) Last, Secure landing gear with three bolts, and glued gear covers and upper yellow fuselage covers. I would like to say: The construction, fit and finish of this model is one of the best I have ever seen!
        Attached Files

Comment

DAY 2 CONTINUED On to the wings, only thing to do is install the servos and mount the control horns and hinges, I did again, enlarge the square holes to make room for brand of servos being used. Hobby knife again, no big deal. Since this is a 3D plane the horns are attached with nuts and bolts for strength and have swivel balls on the attachments. The vortex generator on the outer wing are attached with thumb screws and are detachable, if not wanted. Last thing, on day two, is to install the receiver, lots of choices where and how to install. I elected to mount in the middle with tyraps and glue. Just remember, if using a receiver with a gyro it cannot move, so make sure it is securely mounted. This is the end of the assembly, the last thing is to set up the throws and give different rates on the elevator, rudder, and ailerons. I do use some expo on other planes, but I am not sure on a 3D planes. I will end on day 3 showing the wings and how they attach. So, come by the Merry Boozer RC Channel and see how this beautiful plane performs. The proof is in the video, and we usually will tell about the throws, CG, flight time, and 6S batteries that are used. Again, if you are thinking of purchasing a 3D plane, this is one you should look very hard at. If you would like a larger version, there is a new release out now. I have build and assembled a lot of planes in my RC career, but none have had the overall quality from start to finish. Thank you, Buddy RC for giving your customers a outstanding product.
          Attached Files

Comment

DAY 3 Sad to say, this assembly is coming to an end. Because of the pleasure of such a fantastic designed plane, and the fun of assembly. Wing attachment, again a design marvel. Slide the carbon wing rod through the fuselage. Push the right and left wing onto the rod and drive home. Here comes the good part, nylon thumb screw turns to lock wing into place. I have never seen this before, what an idea. Hopefully the picture will show what I am trying to describe. Commercial time: Please go by Buddy RC and look at their fantastic line of model products. Visit the Merry Boozer channel and like, share, and subscribe. Also, use our affiliate link to buy this model. Hope you enjoy this little part of Papa world and come by when you get a chance. We will be around for another day are two. Papa says: " May you have fair Skys, and soft lands until we meet again.". God Bless America!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X