X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Skynetic 822mm Piaget II 3D Discussion Thread

Piaget II 3D 822mm (33.2") Wingspan - ARF BUNDLE from Skynetic - SKY1007-002

Click here for the official product page

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1594
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	314996

The Skynetic Piaget II EPP is a fun, acrobatic performer made from the crash-resistant and easy to repair EPP foam. Cut your teeth on all the usual 3D maneuvers such as loops, rolls, knife edge, hover, hammer heads, flat spins and so on. Each flight is bound to give you several minutes of pure, unadulterated 3D excitement! Due to the durable EPP foam this plane is excellent for both beginners to 3D and advanced 3D pilots alike.
    FEATURES:
    • Designed with crash-resistant and easy to repair EPP foam
    • Specially designed for both slow, precise acrobatics and normal flight
    • Powerful AT2206 V2 Brushless motor for a wide flight performance envelope
    INCLUDES:
    • Skynetic Piaget II 3D 822mm (33.2") Wingspan - ARF BUNDLE
    • AT2206 V2 Brushless motor
    • 12 amp brushless ESC with JST connector
    • 3x 8g micro servos
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 5 HOURS

Wingspan 33.2in / 844mm
    Length 36.2in / 920mm
    Flying Weight 210 - 230g
    CG (Center of Gravity) 75mm - 85mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System Powerful AT2206 V2 Brushless motor (installed)
    Electronic Speed Control 12 amp brushless ESC with JST connector (installed)
    Propeller / EDF Electric propeller
    Servos 3x 8g micro servos
    Landing Gear Fixed
    Required Battery 2 Cell 7.4V 350 - 600 mAh Li-Po battery with JST connector (required)
    Required Radio 4+ channel radio system (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Foam
    Material EPP Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 5 Hours
    Recommended Environment Indoor (outdoor under calm conditions only
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

How would you mount a RX600 Motion RC receiver in this thing. On top of the wing at CG?

Comment

I just ordered one of these, planning on using a modified flysky ia6 since I have one on the bench. it's modified to send pack voltage telemetry instead of receiver voltage. at any rate, I am hoping my 3d helicopter skills will transfer fairly well to 3d airplanes. My intent is to fly it in my yard, like my less than 250 gram helicopters.

Comment

I forgot I used the modded fs IA6 in a heli, rather than remove it, I will be using a stock one. I assume the lvc is adjustable.. I guess I should have a look at the site and see if I can find setup parameters for it. my build is almost complete, hoping to maiden tomorrow. It was a mostly straight forward build, FYI, the sales site says jst battery connector, and an XT 60 was supplied. there are a few other variances, nothing too difficult to figure out, be prepared with a few sharp xacto blades for trimming, a small square was helpful, foam tac-rocks! getcha some!

Comment

Thanks for posting your tips. Good luck with your maiden.

Comment

Still no maiden... I discovered the 2s battery, 1500kv motor, and 9x4.7 prop won't lift it out of my hand in my house. it sounds wonderfully smooth, and all the electronics work, so now I will try with a 3s... which brings up the ESC issue... I got a 12Amp, marked Admiral, but I can't find any documentation on it (it came in the kit) Does the 12Amp program the same as the 10Amp listed in the Piaget II links?

Comment

I have discovered there is no documentation available for the 12A ESC yet, but it really doesn't matter. It will auto detect 2s or 3s. Nice. I flew the maiden today, and I really can't say enough good about how well this thing flies! It is crisp, predictable, goes exactly where you point it, and does so exactly when you point it there. I am going to write a review for it, I am holding off though, as the online instructions don't match the current hardware, and are quite vague... not bad if you have some building experience, especially if you've built balsa kits, but if you are coming from RTF or BNF models, this build would be extremely difficult.

I may as well go ahead and throw out what i had to do to get it in the air while I am at it...

The ESC. was sent with an xt-60, so I had to change that. the slots cut in the control surfaces for the horns are centered for in-line, but the ones included in the kit are offset. I had to align them using the rod, then punch holes through the surfaces for the screws. I found it easiest to pre-assemble them, then remove the back *the screws self-thread, install the part that clamps the wire, not too tight or it will bind, and use hot glue on the back of the nut to keep them from backing off. align the front (horn side) hold it still, and punch the holes. the screw will not protrude, so you have to align front and back, insert screw, start the threads, do the other side, then snug.

Another really vague spot in the assembly instructions was in regard to the fuselage stiffeners... they go on the bottom at a 45 degree angle to the fuselage, pointed tip starting just behind the CF wing stiffener.

finally, I had to move the rudder servo to the rear between 1/4" and 3/8" to be able to make it center. I cut material from the rear of the cutout and moved it to the front. I had to do this because even with the control horn installed as far forward as I could get it and still be behind the hinge, I could not get the servo horn centered and still have contact with the control rod.

Having said all that, I am going to go outside and fly my new favorite plane, and ponder how to give it the full 5 star perfect review it deserves, but still convey the fact that the build is much more difficult than just gluing together pieces of foam and installing a receiver...

Comment

Build Video

Flight Videos

Comment

Instructions are horrible….I don’t understand why companies don’t update instructions and add them to the product page online.

Comment

Chris Reibert, very nice build video, and very nice flying!

Comment

Working...
                    X