X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some Black Horse Biplanes??

The wood ARF Nexa Tiger Moth has sold well. That could be an indicator that other wood biplane ARFs could do well too.

Black Horse currently has three:

Fairey Albacore: http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/?p...airey-albacore

Bucker Bu 131 Jungmann: http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/?p...u-131-jungmann

Pitts: http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/?product=pitts

It's hard to tell how many, if any, are electric friendly (easy access to battery packs).

How many would be interested if MRC were to bring them into the U.S. warehouse?

I'd be interested. As long as you and I aren't the only ones, I could always bump some of those birds higher up the "To Modernize" list. So far, we've updated the Storch, Corsair, Gilmore, and a couple others. Others are in the works, including models not yet on the website. As always, we're happy to hear feedback on which Black Horse models you'd all like us to freshen up and bring out next.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I know of one guy with a weakness for either Ryan and Fairchild PT-19/22. I think historically the Ryan has a good following because it keeps reappearing, same with the Fairchild. That said any pre WW2 civil aircraft carries a nostalgic audience for those looking for something different than the usual “belly-button” airplanes like P-51’s and Corsair.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        I'd be interested. As long as you and I aren't the only ones, I could always bump some of those birds higher up the "To Modernize" list. So far, we've updated the Storch, Corsair, Gilmore, and a couple others. Others are in the works, including models not yet on the website. As always, we're happy to hear feedback on which Black Horse models you'd all like us to freshen up and bring out next.
        I'd definitely be interested in a Black Horse Bi-Plane, possibly a WWI Fokker Tri-Plane, ala "The Barons"! One of my favorite planes to fly is still my 60" Hangar Nine ARF Beast. The quality of construction of the balsa and monocoat was outstanding. I even put a sound system in it so it sounds like a Lycoming radial engine. Don't get it out as much as I used to because I leave the wings on and it takes up most of my truck bed space, but when I do, I always love it. I even have a New in Box replacement I got just before they discontinued it, just in case, but have yet to have a "mishap". Believe it or not, this was the 3rd RC plane I ever got, but it flew like a trainer and still performs 3D extremely well. Was planning on getting the 100cc Beast at some point but HH discontinued that before I knew it, so would love to get a big Black Horse Fokker Tri-plane!

Guess this photo seems well used!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170523_110230.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.1 KB ID:	318104
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: Mig 29 "Cobra", 8S EuroFighter-Bronze Tiger, A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, 8S F16 Wild Weasel, 8S F4 Jolly Rodgers & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, B-24, Stinger 90, Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 62" Extra 300, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" Edge Demonstrator. FMS-SU-30,1700mm P-51, Corsair, Viper, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P51.

Comment

I'd be interested in any bi-planes. Really like the looks of that Fairley-Albacore.

Comment

While modernizing the biplanes, I'll add something for consideration. I find that the easier a biplane is to set up and tear down, usually means it goes to the field more often.

Those that have the left and right wing panels slide off as a paired unit are easiest to work with.

Also, easy access to change out motor battery packs is a big plus.

Comment

Likewise, I would go for any classic biplane. They are irresistible!

Comment

I would love to see MRC sell / carry the black horse Pitts!!! A Pitts is my next project I believe. Motion help me pay you hahahah.

Comment

Working...
                X