X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Analyzer

I am a newbie to RC. I purchased a G T Power Watt meter (seems like a good thing to have to save my electronics from excessive power usage), but have not the foggiest notion how to use it. The manual is useless. The leads have no plugs, for one thing, just bare wire. Does someone out there have any knowledge or can refer me to a site for detailed instruction?

Originally posted by psirotta View Post
    I am a newbie to RC. I purchased a G T Power Watt meter (seems like a good thing to have to save my electronics from excessive power usage), but have not the foggiest notion how to use it. The manual is useless. The leads have no plugs, for one thing, just bare wire. Does someone out there have any knowledge or can refer me to a site for detailed instruction?
    You are expected to solder on the type of battery connector that you prefer or use most. For example if you fly eflite most of the time, you might want to solder on EC3 connectors. If HobbyKing, then XT30s. It doesn't really matter in the end, because you will add battery connection adaptors such as ec3 to ec5 or whatever as your needs evolve.

I personally soldered ec3 and most of my planes are standardized on either ec3 or ec5 and use adapters to convert as required.

Comment

Thanks. I don't know much about connectors, except to say that between my on-off switch, receiver, ESC, battery, etc all the connector plugs are different, and I can't find any specific adapter cables to make them all go together. I suppose I have to remove all current plugs and solder on new ones that match. What a pain! This hobby should standardize all electronic fittings.

While you're here, could you explain why an RC plane motor just beeps and fail to spin when plugged in? Binding and calibration done right, I think, on my Spektrum radio.

Comment

Check your throttle trim. If centered, then lower it a few clicks and see if it initializes. If not centered, center it and recalibrate the esc so it recognizes the throttle. Make sure throttle cut is not enabled when calibrating as it will not have the correct zero throttle setting

Comment

Working...
        X