X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken decal

I am a beginner hobbiest, working on my first model airplane, that I have kept for a number of years and just started working on it. This is the kit I have (https://www.scalemates.com/kits/reve...4-f-16--163683) When trying to put the decal that came with my kit, I accidentally broke the cockpit decals into pieces. I tried to find the replacement decal but cannot find it onine.

1. Is there a website with extensive decals? The kit I have it very old so my concern is that they might not make the decal anymore.
    2. Is it possible to get another set of decals that will work my kit? If so, how do I know which decal will work?

Thank you in advance for any advice and feedback.

A quick Google search revealed this:
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1/48 decals for YF-16 F16 prototype model kits (64701) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

If that's not satisfactory, you might consider contacting Revell via one of the social media sights like Facebook or Twitter, etc. Revell is in Germany.

Also, you might contact:
    Custom Graphics for your R/C Models! Choose from stock sets or request a quote for a custom scheme.

I don't know if she does water slides but you can ask.

Also, you can make your own using blank waterslide decal paper, if you can find it.

Comment

Thank you for the response, xviper. Attached is the decal that I have. It is different to the one on ebay. I don't mind using another set of decal (as in my question 2) but is there a way to know if the alternate decal will work for my plane?

I have asked Revell but due to Covid, they are not shipping spare parts to the US. I am not sure if this applies to decals but I will wait for their response.

Since I am a beginner, I am not sure about printing my own decal. I also don't have the template.

Comment

I don't have anything else to tell you that might help. That is a very old decal set. Callie Graphics makes mostly peel and stick decals, so if that will work, you just need to send her a photo of the ones you need along with the scale and she may be able to do something for you. They aren't cheap.

Comment

Understand. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X