X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official RocHobby 1100mm NXT Nemesis High Speed Thread

I had the pleasure of flying the Nemesis yesterday and it is another impressive offering from RocHobby & Motion RC.

Here's a few photos of RC Pilot Evelyn holding this good looking high speed racer.

All the best,
    Tony

Tony you flew it very well! Excellent maiden flight for you with 5+ minutes of fun. This isn't a plane which either of us thought would glide for 50 seconds with zero throttle and almost zero wind, land like a *****cat, and rip around the pattern like a lion. The vertical power is superior to anything so far in this class. We're editing together a fun video to publish soon. You and I said one word a couple times during your flight video, which I think sums up this aircraft best: "Surprising".
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Very nice, I think I need to add one of these to my collection. Is wrong to have a "collection" of rc planes? :D
      My YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks for the opportunity to take it around the patch Alpha.

jobinseattle - Not at all! I've been collecting for years, and years.....and years! :)

Comment

I enjoyed seeing this one in the air yesterday. Looks like a fun model that has a nice wide performance envelope? It is soooo sleek and svelte from some angles and then also a little chubby in appearance from other angles?! Here's a few of the photos I shot of it:

Comment

You didn't fly it, Bajora? Shoot, I must have lost track. Xplaneguy and AceMigKiller each flew it to give me their feedback, I thought you had as well. Great photos! I agree that this bird looks sleek at most angles, and downright chubby-weird at other angles.

Comment

Hey, that's a pretty cool looking airplane! Is that a design taken from a real one? Love the features from just what I can see in the pictures, retracts flaps, very nice, can't wait for the video

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Have I just been missing this one or is it new?

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

It's new!

Here's a link to the real bird:

Comment

Grossman56, the Nemesis NXT is a real aircraft, a world record holder in fact. She's above 400mph lately (!!!):

Comment

This thing is a blast!
                      Fast, and totally solid in the air. It had some pretty good coupling in Knife-edge (took me by surprise), but nothing you can't correct and get use to. I'll probably get one to rip around the local pattern when I'm not flying warbirds or jets! :D

Comment

Then we have shaft runs!
                        Kevin Eldredge, air race pilot at the Reno Air Races came to win in 2010 in the Super Sport Class. In his attempt to break Jon Sharp's Qualifying record of 4...

You might have noticed how stable the plane is as Kevin could say in a cool calm voice; "You don't see that every day". Ok, as a Shuttle pilot landing as a glider is no big tang!:dodgy:

Comment

That is a nice, sleek looking bird!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
                            This thing is a blast!
                            Fast, and totally solid in the air. It had some pretty good coupling in Knife-edge (took me by surprise), but nothing you can't correct and get use to. I'll probably get one to rip around the local pattern when I'm not flying warbirds or jets! :D
                            That's bad news. Going around the pylons in knife edge you don't want the plane going off heading. Do you think this can be addressed with a shift in the CofG or rigging of the ailerons?

Comment

I don't think you're actually knife edging around the pylons. It's just yank and bank, no rudder. ;)
                              Pat

Comment

Oh, I'm in knife edge!!! Have been for 30 years of racing.;) Wether you think one needs a rudder to hold knife edge thats another topic. But waiting for the time to pull the elevator my ships are up on a wing tip. While in that position I don't want the ship drifting in or out of the course (pulling to the canopy or gear) I want her in a straight knife edge. Also once I pull the elevator I don't want her to tuck!:@ These are all characteristic defined by the rigging for knife edge flight.

As it looks like the airfoil has a lot of camber I might be asking too much of this bird.

All the best,
                                Konrad

Comment

Has anyone flown a HobbyKing EFX on 4s to compare the speed?

Comment

Alpha & Tom made a good comparison between the two here.
                                    http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...vs-durafly-exf

Comment

Ahhh, yes, thanks for the links. I remember now. The Nemesis is a much prettier plane but that may be because it's newer and all new things look nicer. By comparison, my "old" EFX is starting to look a bit "ratty" after all the belly landings and hanger rash. The gear and flaps are a nice touch but may add complexity and weight.

Comment

I flew the Nemesis again yesterday and just lovin it. For guys who own the RocHobby Strega or Voodoo, you'll absolutely love the stability and tracking in both high and low speed configurations. Furthermore, the power system is very efficient. The Nemesis is a unique winner right out of the box. If you're looking for speed with pattern aircraft stability, look no further....the Nemesis is your plane.

Comment

Working...
                                        X