X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangar 9 60" Beast BiPlane

Anyone left out there still flying the Hangar 9 Beast Bi-Plane?

This was the 3rd RC electric I ever purchased and it flew great (even if I didn't) from the beginning. All wood and MonoKote. I even put an Mr RC sound system in, even though those transducers are meant for foam. Not as good on wood, but still OK, especially at start up and shut down. I sensed they were about to discontinue it several years ago and got what I think was the last one left at HH for parts, but haven't needed them, yet anyway. So I still have a new one in the box.

Haven't flown mine in some time as I'm working on all my foam warbird EDF's and props, so had to "dust it off" for a flight the other day. 8 minutes on an SMC 6S 6200 mah 40C Lipo. A "Magnificent Little Beastie", as Maleficent would say.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Anyone left out there still flying the Hangar 9 Beast Bi-Plane?

This was the 3rd RC electric I ever purchased and it flew great (even if I didn't) from the beginning. All wood and MonoKote. I even put an Mr RC sound system in, even though those transducers are meant for foam. Not as good on wood, but still OK, especially at start up and shut down. I sensed they were about to discontinue it several years ago and got what I think was the last one left at HH for parts, but haven't needed them, yet anyway. So I still have a new one in the box.

Haven't flown mine in some time as I'm working on all my foam warbird EDF's and props, so had to "dust it off" for a flight the other day. 8 minutes on an SMC 6S 6200 mah 40C Lipo. A "Magnificent Little Beastie", as Maleficent would say.
    Those "Magnificent men and their flying machines". Great video! I enjoyed watching the entire thing.

Comment

Originally posted by InaSpin View Post

Those "Magnificent men and their flying machines". Great video! I enjoyed watching the entire thing.

Comment

Working...
      X