X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything in the 800 - 1000mm wingspan range

I've seen videos on the old 1050mm stagger wings, if I could get one new I'd grab it ! and apart from the Eflite Pitts there does not seem to be anything in this size range ??? just wanting a nice bi plane park flier in this size for my local park.............. WW I planes would also be on the to consider list

I just finished assembling and "dolling up a Dynam PT-17, 1300mm wsp, bought from Grayson's Hobby, one of the last ones available for now. Similar to the Dynam WACO bipe but only has ailerons on bottom wing, giving a slower roll rate. I painted the dummy radial and added spark plug and plug wire details, added some Wms Bros pilots, and rigged wings with chrome elastic thread, painted prop, etc. I still have a flyable but worn looking Dynam WACO that I may refurbish cosmetically. These have been around for a few years, hope they will be back in stock soon. Waiting for calm air to maiden it. The WACO is great at aerobatics. Wish that Motion RC still sold Dynam line. If you are a balsa builder, look at Brodak models designed by Pat Tritle. Smaller, better for small venues and very calm air.

Comment

thanks for the pointer to Brodak, some fine models in there ! , I do really like the Dynam Waco just to big for my field

Comment

The dynam tigermoth can be flown in a fairly small space. It's so floaty and flies very slowly. And you can fly it on 3s to keep it light. I added points to the throttle curve to gain a smoother throttle range at slower scale flight. And then on 4s it flies like an aerobatic biplane, not like a tigermoth but super fun. The quality is ho hum and needs a few minor modifications to bring up the quality but I am very happy to own it and enjoy flying it. I also have the discontinued Eflite PT 17, that's a blast to fly as well. I wish I had purchased the dynam pt17, I'm leery of dynam planes for some reason but I really like the Stearman and would be happy to.own a second Pt17. It seems like dynam stock in the US is depleted, except for the tigermoth. I wonder what is going on with Dynam.

Comment

thanks for the tips, I'll look harder at the tiger moth, not a plane I overly like appearance wise................

Comment

Working...
          X