Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovonic lipos

How about it, just see the coupon sale on IG

Some are good, but I had poor luck with 6s packs. However I have only owned 2 of them and one had dropped a cell after only a few flights. The other still looks like new and also still runs fine after a few years. So yeah it's a 50/50 crap shoot. Definitely wouldn't trust them in edf planes, they always felt alittle weak on throttle

Comment

ok, seems like it's up to fortune

Comment

If I were new in the hobby, I would try these just because of price and the coupon, but since I've been in it for many years and have gone through a multitude of different brands of batteries, experience has shown me what works in my planes. I've seen these Ovonics while scanning through Amazon and because they haven't shown up in real world load tests, I consider them to be an "obscure" brand and don't consider them or even look at their price. I keep to brands that have a proven track record for me and these are ones that have tested well. I'm not at the "let's see what this battery will do" stage of my hobby life, unless real world load tests say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          If I were new in the hobby, I would try these just because of price and the coupon, but since I've been in it for many years and have gone through a multitude of different brands of batteries, experience has shown me what works in my planes. I've seen these Ovonics while scanning through Amazon and because they haven't shown up in real world load tests, I consider them to be an "obscure" brand and don't consider them or even look at their price. I keep to brands that have a proven track record for me and these are ones that have tested well. I'm not at the "let's see what this battery will do" stage of my hobby life, unless real world load tests say otherwise.
          https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...%20Results.Jpg
          X - what's your go-to battery brand? Size info as well...

Comment

Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

X - what's your go-to battery brand? Size info as well...
            Keep in mind that my last post was strictly my opinion and my battery choices are same.

I've really put a lot of faith the past 2 to 3 years on ChinaHobbyLine 65C and 70C in sizes from 2200mah, 3s all the way to 6000mah, 6s. Those are all I buy now. I still use HRB 6000mah, 2 and 6000may, 6s to make 8s for a couple of planes. For lighter batteries of the same mah, I've used Gens Ace 5000mah, 6s and 3800mah, 4s but their quality can be haphazard and I feel they have to work really hard to give me the performance I want (they get hot and begin to puff sooner than others have even though they continue to work adequately). I've been dying to get some SMCs but they are not easy to import into Canada and the only Canadian seller has very limited stock and sizes. I do have some Admirals in various sizes, but the better ones are the Admiral Pro, however, the Pros are somewhat expensive and I get more bang for the buck with the CHL. I've started to investigate how well HV LiPos will work for me. I want to see if that extra few points of volts/per will actually translate to a bit more punch for my EDFs and if they last very long. Word has it that many of the HV LiPos have short lives (duty cycles). This is my only "experiment" because they are a different tech and a different level of battery. I'll have some "data" once spring finally arrives.
            I've relied heavily upon the load tests for my battery buying decisions and will continue to do so. It's a real eye opener to see how grossly over-rated the factory C labels are.

Comment

Working...
            X