Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nexa CE-208 Airliner Express 1700mm (67") Wingspan - ARF 

Nexa CE-208 Airliner Express 1700mm (67") Wingspan - ARF

Click image for larger version  Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image.png Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	344895
    The Cessna 208 Caravan is a utility aircraft produced by Cessna. The project was commenced on November 20, 1981, and the prototype first flew on December 9, 1982. The production model was certified by the FAA in October 1984 and its Cargomaster freighter variant was developed for FedEx. The 4 ft (1.2 m) longer 208B Super Cargomaster first flew in 1986 and was developed into the passenger 208B Grand Caravan.

The strutted, high wing 208 typically seats nine passengers in its unpressurized cabin, is powered by a single Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A tractor turboprop and has a fixed tricycle landing gear, floats or skis. By November 2017, 2,600 have been delivered and 20 million flight hours logged. Caravans are used for flight training, commuter airlines, VIP transport, air cargo and humanitarian missions.

The Nexa CE-208 is a electric or gas option scale series warbird with a 1700mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes fully functional flaps, painted pilots, detailed cockpit and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. Impress at your flying field with this scale stunner!

Visit the Official Nexa Product Page at MotionRC.com
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa CE-208 comes fully covered including simulated panel lines and rivets.
    Scale Details Throughout

There is no shortage of scale details with this CE-208 including functional flaps, painted pilots and detailed cockpit.
    Fiberglass Cowling

The cowl is made of fiberglass for both looks and durability.
    Detailed Cockpit

To add to the array of scale detail, the Nexa CE-208 features a detailed cockpit complete with two painted pilots to finish out the scale appeal.
    Features:
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Covered from tip to tail in scale details including functional flaps, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
    • Fiberglass cowling for strength and durability
    • The hand-painted pilots are housed in a detailed cockpit
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
    Includes:
    • Nexa CE-208 Airliner Express 1700mm (67") Wingspan - ARF
    • Wheels and aluminum landing gear
    • Fuel tank, hardware and decals
    • spinner
    Requires:Gas Requires:
    • .46 - .70 (7.45cc - 11.5cc) gas engine
    • Standard 12x6 2-blade gas propeller

The build has started Day 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8878.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	344908

For this, we will be going over any changes or sticking points in the assembly of the 208.
    First impressions of the model. The quality of the covering is spot on with other nexa birds we have assembled. it comes with all the rivets (Papa Dots) already on the model for you. also the balsa on the interior of the airplane is painted out of the box. The instrument panel is very detailed on this model and was a nice surprise.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8886.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	344909
    we started the assembly with the nose wheel per the manual 4 screws into the mount and a grub to hold the gear on. the top two screws were a little long so I needed to drill out the firewall for them to make it through.
    The next step is mounting the motor. for this build, we are using the recommended Admiral GP10. We did find that the included mount is too small to fit the GP10 on and we needed to make a new hard wood mount that is about 1/2 an inch bigger all the way around. then just mount the nuts and screws per the manual.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8865.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	344910
    Next we installed the main landing gear. the manual wanted the screws on the wood of the fuselage but I wanted to just mount them to the gear so it will flex with the gear. this is up to you on your assembly.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8866.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	344911

Comment

Nice start Wes. Such a good looking model

Comment

Comment

Day 2

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8955.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	346300

I used the recommended Servos and motor for this project.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8967.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	346304
          for day two we pick up on gluing the Horizontal and vertical stabilizer on. make sure you cut away the covering for this part. I used Thin CA and dripped it in from the sides to fix the Horizontal stabilizer on the airplane. I then held a string to a fixed point on the airplane and made sure everything was straight see step 11 in your manual for this.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8966.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	346301
          The instructions are spot on up to step 22 Joining the wings. there isn't a measurement for where to screw the wing attachments to the fuselage but see the below pictures for my measurements.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8887.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	346302Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8888.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	346303

at this point the airplane is really coming together and looking like a plane ;)

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8884.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	346305

so at this point, we finished it up and not much was changed from the instructions. This is my second Nexa ARF and so far these are very well-thought-out kits. they come with everything you need to make a successful assembly and fly great also. ;)

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8954.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	346306

I had the chance to fly the CE-208 this weekend on a 6s 5000 and i balanced the model by hanging it from my finger on the wing spar. I had it a touch nose heavy and it flew fantastic. I'm amazed how nice this model lands. I always thought a 208 would be a sweet flying airplane and it didn't disappoint. Video to come on Motion RC soon see you guys on the next build.

Comment

Can you post a picture of the battery placement? Electronics placement and how you built the wing connections?

Comment

I have built mine as well and really like this model. It has great value with the detail VQ has provided, especially in the cockpit and pilots. One area that was particularly difficult was the cowl placement and making sure the spinner was on true. In addition, other areas needing some modeling skills (soldering and wiring) are the wing connectors and overall wiring layout. I added LEDs and landing lights as well. Again, the model looks fantastic. There are some missing points in the manual, like how to connect the wings using the plastic screws, but if one goes to other Nexa manuals its shown. But for some reason its missing in the 208 manual.

Comment

What's the point of posting in this forum when no answers are provided??

Comment

MoMo, Are you still happy with the model? looks good in your videos. Was thinking of this and a 6S 5000 setup.

Comment

Working...
                  X