X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Skynetic 450mm Mesa VTOL Thread

Skynetic Mesa VTOL 450mm (17.7") Wingspan - (Ready-To-Fly) - RTF - SKY1048-001

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1511
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	347333

The Skynetic 450mm Mesa VTOL is a unique RC airplane with Vertical Takeoff and Landing. It can takeoff and land vertically like a helicopter instead of using the runway. With the flick of a one-key switch, it can switch into airplane mode in the air for faster forward flight. With three brushless motors, the Skynetic Mesa VTOL features powerful performance for exhilarating 3D fun. It is the perfect choice for any RC fan looking to fly a special aircraft with unique character and new possibilities!

Features:
    • Ready to Fly ("RTF")
    • Easy for beginners and intermediate RC pilots
    • One-Key Takeoff switch and One-Key Transition switch for easy Flight Mode changes
    • Vertical takeoff and landing that does not require a runway
    • Manufactured with strong damage-resistant EPO material
    • Built-in 6-Axis Gyroscope and Hold Height design
    • 3D / 6G modes (3D mode for aerobatic fun fly and 6G mode for stabilized flight)
    • Equipped with 3 powerful 1370 brushless motors with plenty of power and great performance
    • High quality 2.4GHz remote controller with 300m control range!
    Includes:
    • Skynetic Mesa VTOL 450mm (17.7") Wingspan - RTF
    • 3S 11.1V 1000mAh LiPo battery
    • 2.4GHz 6-Channel Transmitter
    • Charger
    Requires:
    HELPFUL TIP: If you are new to radio control (RC) we recommend that you read through our RC resource known as our "Knowledge Blog". It's jam packed with helpful information for beginners including how to articles, support videos, a glossary of terms and much more. Click Here to go to our Knowledge Blog's Beginner Section. For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team and one of our knowledgeable RC experts will be glad to assist you. Happy flying!

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :intermediate
    BUILD TIME :30 minutes

Wingspan 450mm / 17.7in
    Length N/A
    Weight N/A
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to manual
    Power System 3x 1370 Brushless Motor Kv Brushless Outrunner Motors
    Electronic Speed Control Included
    Propeller / EDF 3x 2-Blade
    Servos 2.5g high-precision digital servos
    Landing Gear Yes
    Required Battery 3S 11.1V 1000mAh LiPo (included)
    Required Radio 6 Channel (included)
    Ailerons Elevons
    Elevator Elevons
    Rudder No
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Foam hinges
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 30 minutes
    Recommended Environment Outdoor
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

This didn't really catch my attention until Boozer did a YouTube video on it, just now. I love these types of models. I had the mini Convergence and still have the Convergence, which I fly quite often. The Mesa is a far better and smarter Mini-Connie. I just wish there was a bigger one, maybe bigger than the Convergence, but what the heck, I just ordered one anyway. It'll be a hoot to dork around over my back yard and at the field when I'm giving my big planes a break. Not quite as much aerial presence as my Connie or my Cypher FV-31 or my Banana V-22 Osprey, but should be nearly "goof-proof" and can be flown in a near "brain dead" state.

Comment

I think if I got something like this I'm probably gonna go with the Cypher. I always thought the idea of these were cool, but never felt that "ah I'm just got to have one" itch for them. They're definitely some awesome aircraft no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        I think if I got something like this I'm probably gonna go with the Cypher. I always thought the idea of these were cool, but never felt that "ah I'm just got to have one" itch for them. They're definitely some awesome aircraft no doubt.
        The Cypher is the very best of this kind of airplane. It has a very solid flight controller that can handle the different modes on the plane. It doesn't have "brain farts" like those others. But it's also one of the higher priced ones. It also needs to be hooked up to an APP to set it up properly.
        This little Mesa appears to have a pretty good flight controller, too.

Comment

Yes sir I agree, it would definitely be a runner up purchase plan for one of these types

Comment

The Mesa arrived today. That's right, 2 days from order to cross border delivery to my door. I can't even get a padded envelope delivered that fast to the next nearest city from me.
            Read over the manual but it was NOT very informative. Had to go watch the Boozer's video again. Installed the vertical fins (almost threw away the little bag with the spare props and screws). The props are clear so couldn't see them in the zip lock bag with the other bubble wrap. Charged the battery and hovered it around my back yard - no space to go into airplane mode. This little thing is a hoot. Perhaps it's TOO easy to fly - no butt clench moments whatsoever. It just did what it was meant to do. Some of the parts of the plane is a bit delicate but being how it's pretty much goof-proof to operate, you'd really have to try hard to crash it.

Comment

Sorry for my english, i'm French.
              I received my Mesa for a few days. I agree to the answer Special about the notice. What the notice not says it that we must push the button unlock to start flying. I firstly thought there was a binding problem, so I tried more times and I finally tested the unlock button and miracle the transmitter functions have actived.

But what I don't know is how we know if we are in 3D or 6G mode, I saw no indication on the screen. Has evey body an answer ?

Comment

The Mesa comes already bound to its transmitter. To start it, you first power up the TX, then power up the plane. Then you move the throttle stick to the top and back down and then move both sticks to the inside and down. This will start the motors. The red button removes the limiter so you can roll and loop (if you dive it fast to gain enough speed). Using the red button can be dangerous as the plane becomes very sensitive and hard to handle. I don't use the red button anymore.

Comment

If I understand you: the model is by default in the 6G position, and pressinging the red button actives the 3D and to push the red button again returns to 6G. The status 3D / 6G is only a "feeling" by flying, there is no indication on the display screen, is that right so ?

When the motors starts, have I to start flying in the same time ? Because after a few seconds the motors stops and nothing more happens (no reactions from the sticks) unless I press the "one key to unlock" and then I can fly

Thanks

Comment

Your understanding of the red button is correct. When you first power everything up, it's in 6-axis mode. When you push the button once, it goes to 3-axis mode but with very little gain, so the plane becomes extremely sensitive and it's easy to get out of control. In 6-axis mode, the plane cannot do a roll or a loop in hover mode or airplane mode. I never tried it in vertical mode as I worry something bad might happen.
                    I've never pushed the unlock button so I don't know what it does. Some of those buttons have to do with the camera, which this particular model doesn't come with from MotionRC.

Comment

To xviper :Thanks for your help. Meanwhile I saw some vids on Youtube (also from JJRC M02) especially for starting to fly after starting motors. As soon as the weather permits I will try to start flying without using the "one key" button. May be later for a retour of experience

Comment

Did you watch this video? It's all you really need to know about this little plane. I never even read the manual.

Comment

Yes. I did
                          But in the notice to start : Push simultaneously down outside
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	358135

In the video He pushed simulaneously down Inside
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	358136

I just tried both methods in my garage

RESULT : Both methods are OK. To start flying we must start flying while the motors are running otherwise the motors stop after few seconds and then we must repeat all the process.

PROBLEM SOLVED (Thanks xviper)

TO ALL READERS THIS THREAD :
                          AN OTHER GOOD INFO ABOUT THE MESA : VERY VERY GOOD STABILITY (I TRIED TO LIFT 1,5 METER VERTICALY IN MY GARAGE) AND THE PLANE REMAINED MOTIONLESS AND STABLE ) : VERY IMPRESSIVE I CAN'T WAIT TO TEST THE FLIGHT OUTSIDE

Comment

Caution ................. When flying outside in a stiff wind, don't go into the vertical prop hang mode. The wind will carry it away if you aren't quick on the switch to go back to multi-copter mode.

Comment

IMPORTANT FOR ALL MESA PILOTS :
                              It's not because it's a RTF Model that always is ok and flight ready : BEFORE FIRST FLIGHT CHECK TIGHTNESS OF EVERY MOTOR SPINNER NOSE CONE.
                              This afternoon I had a bad experience,a cone has unscrewed and a propeller as come off and the plane crashed fortunatly with no damage but i los the cone, so that I have to order a set as spare part !!

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              Caution ................. When flying outside in a stiff wind, don't go into the vertical prop hang mode. The wind will carry it away if you aren't quick on the switch to go back to multi-copter mode.
                              Also when windy be carefull in stability (drone) mode, the plane is very light, I recommend to stop the flight and only with very light wind to fly.

Comment

I am looking for the CG on this plane/quad. It doesn't appear to be in the manual and the specs sheet says, "see manual". I have several 1300 mAh and 850 mAh batteries that I would like to try and use with it but want to make sure I get the CG correct. I balanced it on my fingers with the stock battery, but just wanted to see if there was an official number somewhere.

Comment

There is no CG published for this plane. I just mounted the stock battery as far forward as possible and it flies OK. See where it balances with the stock battery like that and then balance at same point with your battery placed wherever it needs to be.

Comment

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the "GPS" connector on the Skynetic flight control board used in this VTOL Since they provided a GPS receiver interface, I'd think they have firmware for the board that could provide functions like position hold and return-to-home but haven't been able to find any info about it.

Comment

With my Skynetic mesa I am reluctant to fly it in airplane mode because when switching to that mode the right aileron moves up about 15 degrees. The motors are spinning. They are level in drone mode. Please comment.

Comment

I am trying to source a 4.3g servo that has been damaged on my Skynetic 450mm Mesa VTOL. It is part number SKY1048 and is the Skynetic 4.3g digital servo (for the left motor). The Motion RC website is sold out. Thanks, Dan.

Comment

Working...
                                        X