X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Skynetic 700mm Dragonfly Seaplane V2 Thread

Dragonfly Seaplane V2 700mm (27.5") Wingspan from Skynetic - PNP - SKY1046-001

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1817
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	347394

The Skynetic Dragonfly Seaplane V2 is an all-terrain aircraft capable of takeoffs and landings on water and grass, just about anything with a smooth surface. Capable of impressive speeds due to the powerful brushless motor. The Dragonfly V2 is bound to offer up many hours of excitement and thrills by land or by sea!

Features:
    • Made from durable EPO foam
    • Powerful brushless motor delivers impressive speed range
    • Elevated propeller avoids any potential landing damage
    • Capable of multiple takeoff and landing surfaces
    Includes:
    • Skynetic Dragonfly Seaplane V2 700mm (27.5") Wingspan - PNP
    Requires:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL: 14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
    BUILD TIME: 15 minutes

Model Scale N/A
    Wingspan 700mm / 27.5in
    Length 970mm / 38.1in
    Weight 575g / 20.2oz (w/ battery)
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to the manual
    Power System 3S Brushless Outrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 40A
    Propeller / EDF 2-Blade Propeller
    Servos 4x 9g
    Landing Gear None
    Required Battery 3S 11.1V 1500 - 2200mAh LiPo (required)
    Required Radio 4 Channel 2.4GHz (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon Reinforced
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 15 Minutes
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

The Dragonfly is back in stock only it now is in a base white scheme with orange trim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9811a45bca.png
Views:	1546
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	348239

This one is very fun on the lake!

Attached Files

Comment

Great flying little plane

Comment

I've been waiting for this to come back in stock and pulled the trigger immediately after seeing the email notification. Our club has a fly on the water every week in warmer months. I'm sure this will become a popular choice once they see mine.

I prefer the original color scheme. James mentioned how good it showed up in his video and I agree.
        I'm GUESSING the new color scheme is either cheaper to produce, or marginally lighter -- or both.

I WISH that the photos would show the BOTTOM of the plane -- after all that's the part we look at most of the time when flying. It would be great if this had some big ole' stripes on the bottom of the wing. I'm GUESSING that the bottom of the plane is entirely white which means that it will need some paint.

Anyway -- I'm anxious to receive this and get it on the Columbia River --- maybe (if the shipping gods are gracious) as early as next Wednesday's float fly.

Comment

I ordered a plane from you guys can you tell me when it's going to be delivered

Comment

This is a discussion forum about the plane. Easiest if you either look up your account (usually ships the next working day but you may get shipping info the same day) or if you call them.

Comment

Has anyone installed a GYRO on this Skynetic DragonFly? If so, which GYRO and any gotcha's?

Comment

Originally posted by ElazulRC View Post
                Has anyone installed a GYRO on this Skynetic DragonFly? If so, which GYRO and any gotcha's?
                I just got mine, planning on putting a RadioLink Byme-A Gyro in it this week, will report back. I also put in a Freewing v2 reversing ESC, putting the reversing channel directly to an ELRS receiver with SBUS going in to the Byme-A and all servos going out of Byme-A. I am not sure how the gyro will respond to reverse thrust, may need to put it in manual mode for that, but that should be fine for taxing in the water at least.

I'm also curious to know other people's gyro experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by bd4rc View Post
                  I just got mine, planning on putting a RadioLink Byme-A Gyro in it
                  Works great with the Byme-A Gyro and a Radiomaster ER4 expresslrs PWM receiver configured in SBUS mode. Actually surprisingly easy to fly, easy to land and take off in both grass and water. Probably would not recommend as a first plane, but maybe a second plane with a gyro installed. It does take longer to take off than a high wing trainer, but is not unreasonable take off distance.

Comment

I assume the supplied balloon is for ballast...can someone explain how it should be used?

Comment

The receiver goes inside the balloon to keep it dry.

Comment

the model you have on stock is the old version the v2 is orange!

Comment

Anyone know the motor kv for the dragonfly 700mm

Comment

There isn't a lot of activity lately on this forum. Has the Dragonfly been out of stock for some time? Is there any idea when it will be back in stock or should I look at the Skipper?

Comment

Working...
                            X