X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfoot w/vector Spektrum

Bigfoot w/Spektrum 6e keeps giving me rapid beep ?

Is this thing a plane? This is the RC airplane forum. I "Google" Bigfoot and it's a truck. You'll need to give more information before anyone can help you.

Comment

OK, I did another search and it's this plane, right? ...............................
      Hobby Zone carries a wide selection of the best radio control brands and hobby products - including airplanes, cars and trucks. Shop online and save!

Your title is very confusing. This plane uses "vector stabilization", which is a type of gyro that it uses. You must also be talking about the TX being a Spektrum DX6e, right? You might want to have a look at this YouTube video for more answers. As for the rapid beeping, you need to tell us what exactly you are doing just before this happens.

https://bprc.me/Arrows_Bigfoot_RTF | https://bprc.me/Arrows_Bigfoot_PNPhttps://bprc.me/3S_2200*Support Us*https://www.patreon.com/brianphillipshttps://www.pa...

Comment

Yes it is a new Bigfoot Plane w/Spektrum DX6e radio. I am new to configure the plane from some videos from “fat guys”. Got everything trimmed up but get rapid beeps and found motor is not operating with stick. I did set throttle control on “B” switch. Maybe I will try rebinding?

Comment

What do you mean by "I did set throttle control on “B” switch"? Do you mean you are using switch B as a throttle cut? Switch B is generally used for "flight modes". Switch H is usually used for throttle cut. In either case, that will not be responsible for the beeping. Rapid beeping like that usually means the ESC is not arming. This could be that one or more of the ESC to motor wires are loose or not connected. Check that and fix if necessary. Your throttle channel may be reversed. Check and fix if necessary. It could also mean that you bound it with the throttle trim too high. Try lowering the throttle trim tab as low as it will go, then try a rebind, then calibrate the throttle. You still need to describe what you've done so far to bind your plane to the transmitter. You need to be more descriptive and supply details. Otherwise, it's very hard to help you.
          PS. How do you "trim" things up before you've even flown it? You must mean you've got all the control surfaces neutralized manually. Trimming comes on your first flight.

Comment

Yes all control surfaces were done manually. Sorry for my ***ue descriptions, I am new to the sport. I will follow your suggestions w/throttle, and rebinding. Let you know tomorrow how it goes? Appreciate your time and help!

Comment

I checked motor connections by removing propeller, nose of plan an pulled out the 3 wires to the motor for loose connections…no problems. I have been following the Vector channel assigning 5 Gear and 3 position switch w/switch C assigned.
              I messed with throttle cut too many times but don’t know what values to assign 100% or O% ? Did rebind and controls are level and working but got this constant beep and no throttle. I tried all switches to see if throttle cut was assigned by mistake but no help!
              I just don’t know here and see if a RC club member can help. Maybe I don’t belong?

Comment

As far as checking the motor wires, you've done everything right. As for the Vector stabilization, I can't comment much about it as I'm not entirely familiar with it. However, the stabilization should not have anything to do with motor not responding unless there is some kind of throttle input into the Vector. I just don't know it well enough to say.
                Re: The throttle cut. It's generally assigned to switch H. Go to the throttle cut menu and see that it is switch H. Also, for what value to assign, go to the "monitor" and work the throttle stick. (The plane does not have to be powered up to do this. When the stick is at the bottom, the value should be something like -100. As the stick moves to full throttle, it should read +100. Your throttle cut should be a few points below the lowest throttle. If it says -100 at zero throttle, then set the CUT at something like -110. When you throw the switch and activate throttle cut, the monitor will show you that the throttle value does not move when you move the stick.
                By any chance did you inadvertently go into the ESC's programming menu and change something? This can be easily done if you are not familiar with how to do the throttle calibration. If you've changed something critical in the ESC programming, this may have dire consequences as to how it works or not work. You might double check and try to confirm that it is set with the factory default setting.
                Your local hobby shop or RC club may be a good place to go to. It's a bit difficult to diagnose something like this over the internet, not knowing exactly everything that's gone on with the plane to this point. Something very innocent and it's impossible to fix without having "hands on".

Comment

Much appreciated, possibly find someone at the fly field and I will get back to you!

Comment

Comment

Hello Xviper:
                      got the solution to constant beeping when preflight and after binding! This is on A new Bigfoot plane w/Spektrum 6e, AR620 Receiver. The constant beep is a warning for throttle and under Servo Set-up needed to reverse throttle. Steps: Servo Set-up, highlight travel-Reverse, scroll select Yes, and then rebind. I flew today here in Pa, had an earlier TFR that was lifted to 4:30, windy but flew w/experienced RC Club member, landed safely! Made my day and I thank you and the “Squawk Talk” for all your help!
                      Safe Flying
                      Cat Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Blue View Post
                        Hello Xviper:
                        got the solution to constant beeping when preflight and after binding! This is on A new Bigfoot plane w/Spektrum 6e, AR620 Receiver. The constant beep is a warning for throttle and under Servo Set-up needed to reverse throttle. Steps: Servo Set-up, highlight travel-Reverse, scroll select Yes, and then rebind. I flew today here in Pa, had an earlier TFR that was lifted to 4:30, windy but flew w/experienced RC Club member, landed safely! Made my day and I thank you and the “Squawk Talk” for all your help!
                        Safe Flying
                        Cat Blue
                        The "old" throttle reversed syndrome ....................... (From my post #5). I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know.

Comment

Working...
                        X