X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my Freewing 3 axis Gyro be mounted on a vertical surface

I have never used a Gyro before and, my Freewing Gyro has instructions only in Mandarin. I downloaded the English version , but I still have no clear idea if the Gyro can be mounted on a vertical surface or if it has to be horizontal. Can any one offer some helpful advice? Thanx.

Here is the english manual for the Freewing E51 ......................... https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...yro_manual.pdf
    It cannot be mounted other than what the manual says. It doesn't have the capability to be told that you are mounting in on its edge. If you are tight for space, you can make a platform for it that can be hot glued between the two sides, elevated above the under-canopy area and still be able to close the canopy. I've done this on a couple of planes.

Comment

Thank you,
      I do already have a copy of the English. Version, but the translation makes it hard to understand. You are right about adding a platform to mount it on. It also has to be mounted sideways which makes it too wide for this application. Thank you anyway though.

Comment

I would think it’s okay as long as you swap rudder and elevator inputs/ outputs…

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          I would think it’s okay as long as you swap rudder and elevator inputs/ outputs…
          That's a slick way to get around the mounting issue. Just be careful not to get your axis's confused. Test thoroughly before flying.

Comment

Working...
          X