Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nexa twin otter

what is the best 3 blade size of prop to use on this plane

That is going to depend on what motor, ESC, and battery combination you plan to use.
    APC makes a variety of 3-blade props in both rotation directions for easy counter-rotating set ups. They also have thinner hubs, so they fit the motors in the size for this bird better.

Comment

plan on using there admiral motors, 3s 6000-7000 lipo 2 50 amp esc, thinking on using master airscrew 10x7 props 3 blade. let me know what you think?

Comment

Question, when using 2 esc's, do you disconnect the power wire on 1 esc when you y- harness them together?? I watched a YouTube video saying only 1 has the bec power and the other is just a signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iflycessna182 View Post
          Question, when using 2 esc's, do you disconnect the power wire on 1 esc when you y- harness them together?? I watched a YouTube video saying only 1 has the bec power and the other is just a signal.
          Only one is needed, however, if both ESCs are identical, you can leave them as is with both BECs functioning. Dynam has done this for many years on their twins. Freewing/Flightline has, however, been going with “opto” ESCs and using a single UBEC spliced into the main battery leads.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Only one is needed, however, if both ESCs are identical, you can leave them as is with both BECs functioning. Dynam has done this for many years on their twins. Freewing/Flightline has, however, been going with “opto” ESCs and using a single UBEC spliced into the main battery leads.
            Older Freewing stuff, like the Sukhoi 35, have both ESC/BECs connected. This doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

My Hangar 9 Twin Otter just uses one ESC's BEC

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
              That is going to depend on what motor, ESC, and battery combination you plan to use.
              APC makes a variety of 3-blade props in both rotation directions for easy counter-rotating set ups. They also have thinner hubs, so they fit the motors in the size for this bird better.
              Good evening friends. I have VQ Twin Otter and I have twin brushless motors the Dongxingwei D4250-800KV, ESC's the Skywalker 80A-UBEC (x2) or the Red Brick 70A UBEC and as propellers, I have the Master Airscrew GF Series 11x7 twin prop (x2) but I do not have for the opposite side prop because the propellers need to be turning to the direction of the fuselage (to the center). Please can you help me to setup this bird. your help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarboymt490 View Post

Good evening friends. I have VQ Twin Otter and I have twin brushless motors the Dongxingwei D4250-800KV, ESC's the Skywalker 80A-UBEC (x2) or the Red Brick 70A UBEC and as propellers, I have the Master Airscrew GF Series 11x7 twin prop (x2) but I do not have for the opposite side prop because the propellers need to be turning to the direction of the fuselage (to the center). Please can you help me to setup this bird. your help will be appreciated. Thank you.
                Although counter-rotating props makes for a better flying model, it is not absolutely necessary. This is a fairly big, heavy airplane and props that turn in the same direction will not adversely affect the flying characteristics. Just go with those props and have them turn in the same direction. If you really must have counter-rotating props, then you need to find the opposite rotation prop in the size and brand you currently have and reverse the required ESC/motor on that side.

Comment

Thanks xviper

Comment

Working...
                  X