Clear All

• Official Nexa 1580mm Macchi MC-205 Veltro ARF Thread

Macchi MC-205 Veltro 1580mm (62") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1034-001

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	365307

The Macchi C.205 Veltro was an Italian World War II fighter aircraft built by the Aeronautica Macchi. Along with the Reggiane Re.2005 and Fiat G.55, the Macchi C.205 was one of the three "Serie 5" Italian fighters built around the powerful Daimler-Benz DB 605 engine.

The Nexa Macchi MC-205 Veltro is a electric or gas option .46-size aerobatic airplane with a 1580mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system. This model includes a fiberglass cowl, painted pilot and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. Impress at your flying field with this iconic World War II axis warbird!
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa Macchi MC-205 Veltro comes fully covered including simulated panel lines and rivets.
    Scale Details Throughout

There is no shortage of scale details with this Macchi MC-205 Veltro including a detailed cockpit and painted pilot.
    Accessible and Large Battery Hatch

The battery hatch is easy to access and large enough for your choice of battery/electronic equipment.
    Fly An Allied Classic

The Macchi MC-205 Veltro is an iconic Italian WWII warbird that performs aerobatics with ease and style and looks menacing while doing it.
    Features:
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Covered from tip to tail in scale details including painted pilot, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
    • Fiberglass cowling for strength and durability
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
    Includes:
    • Nexa Macchi MC-205 Veltro 1580mm (62") Wingspan - ARF
    • Wheels and spinner
    • Fuel tank, hardware and decals
    Requires:Gas Requires:Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine). Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :intermediate
    BUILD TIME :6+ hours
    Model Scale 1/7.5
    Wingspan 1580mm / 62.2in
    Length 1180mm / 46.5in
    Empty Weight 3100g / 109.34oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 107mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
    Power System 580Kv or equivalent brushless outrunner motor for electric or .46 - .70 (7.45cc - 11.5cc) for gas (required)
    Electronic Speed Control 70-85A (required)
    Propeller / EDF 13x8 2-blade for electric or 12x6 2-blade for gas (required)
    Servos 45g metal gear standard: left aileron, right aileron, elevator, rudder - HRC6005-017
    17g metal gear standard: left flap , right flap - HRC6005-022
    Landing Gear Electronic retractable gear (required)
    Required Battery 4 Cell 14.8V 4500 - 5000mAh LiPo Battery (required)
    Required Radio 6+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type CA fabric
    Material Balsa and light plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

This new line of 59"-62" birds might make good candidates for club combat/racing activities.
    Yes, they are fun/sport scale. That's just what they need to be. Mods can be done for more scale looks if desired.

Comment

Agreed! By the time I was done with my P-38 I was quite pleased overall.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I have a E-flite® Power 46 BL Outrunner Motor is this motor enough power for this plane? I'm fairly new to building and it it very hard to understand.

Comment

Finally got around to building this. Went with a badass power system 3530-700 , talon 90amp and a 13x8 prop so i can run 5 cell. static watts are 1185 58amps with this. 6 cell gets 1650 and 78amps Also using eflight retract s and the oleo's in the specs.

Still need to put the stickers on. my first balsa ARF and it was not to difficult to build although some things are not included in the manual. Looks pretty good but much different from the pictures. The camo is not as dark as shown.

have not flown it yet, hopefully next weekend.
          Attached Files

Comment

This plane has officially flown now. This plane flys great and looks great. Here is a go pro video of the third flight, its not the best because you cant zoom in using a hat cam.

Comment

Working...
            X