Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa 1500mm CAP 10 ARF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nexa 1500mm CAP 10 ARF Thread

CAP 10 Red/White 1500mm (59.1") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1032-001

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1165
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	366086

The Mudry CAP 10 is a two-seat training aerobatic aircraft first built in 1970 and still in production in 2007. The plane was developed from the Piel Super Emeraude and was born as the CP100. The name changed to CAP 10, CAP for 'Constructions Aéronautiques Parisiennes'.

The Nexa CAP 10 is a electric or gas option scale series warbird with a 1500mm wingspan (60 size), constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes fully functional flaps, painted pilot, detailed cockpit and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. Impress at your flying field with this unique aerobatic trainer!
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa CAP 10 comes fully covered including simulated panel lines and rivets.
    Scale Details Throughout

There is no shortage of scale details with this CAP 10 including a detailed cockpit and painted pilot.
    Fiberglass Cowling

The cowl is made of fiberglass for both looks and durability.
    Trainer With Aerobatic Performance

The CAP 10 is an aerobatic trainer so it flies stable for easy flying yet can fly aerobatic with ease.
    Features:
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Covered from tip to tail in scale details including functional flaps, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
    • Fiberglass cowling for strength and durability
    • The hand-painted pilot is housed in a detailed cockpit
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
    Includes:
    • Nexa CAP 10 Red/White 1500mm (59.1") Wingspan - ARF
    • Wheels and aluminum landing gear
    • Fuel tank, hardware and decals
    • Spinner
    Requires:Gas Requires:Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Intermediate
    BUILD TIME :6+ hours
    Model Scale 1/5
    Wingspan 1500mm / 59.1in
    Length 1205mm / 47.4in
    Empty Weight 3200g / 112.88oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 76mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
    Power System 400Kv or equivalent brushless outrunner motor for electric or .46 - .70 (7.45cc - 11.5cc) for gas (required)
    Electronic Speed Control 70-85A (required)
    Propeller / EDF 13x8 2-blade for electric or 12x6 2-blade for gas (required)
    Servos 45g metal gear standard: left aileron, right aileron, elevator, rudder - HRC6005-017
    17g metal gear standard: left flap , right flap - HRC6005-022
    Landing Gear Fixed with wheel pants (included)
    Required Battery TWO 4 Cell 14.8V 4500 - 5000mAh LiPo Batteries in series (required)
    Required Radio 6+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type CA fabric
    Material Balsa and light plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Hello, anyone mind sharing the instruction manual or where I might locate it?

Comment

Mine arrived today. I've assembled several NEXA / VQ models and this one looks as good as the others. All control surfaces use metal pin / plastic hinges, not CA style hinges as listed in description. I will assemble using a 6S power system. No idea why Motion RC recommends two 4S batteries in series...8S would be crazy for this plane, it's not that big. Also, I'm not sure two 4S, 4,000mAh batteries would fit properly. There was no pilot figure in the box, so that is kind of a bummer. Cockpit looks nice though. Click image for larger version  Name:	20230331_172852.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.7 KB ID:	374958Click image for larger version  Name:	20230331_174950.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	374959

Comment

Wings finished and installed. Pretty straightforward.

Couple items to note. The manual says a normal and reverse servo are required for flaps. This is not true, as the flap pockets are designed in such a manner that you can use two normal servos. My VQ Agwagon was built the same way. Also, Motion says to use micro servos (HS-82mg size) for flaps. They will work and save some weight. Standard size servos will also fit.

Next up is motor install. The manual has NO instructions for how to install an electric motor, even though an electric motor is listed as one of the "required items"...🙄

Fortunately, I've done a few of these before and it's a relatively standard NEXA / VQ process. Still, some instructions would be nice... Click image for larger version

Name:	20230401_194711.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	375000

Comment

Ready for maiden! Really like the looks, hoping for a good result. I did need to add some mass to reach an acceptable balance point. I had to do the same for my VQ Agwagon and NEXA L-4 Grasshopper, so not a big surprise with this model. Wheel pants were a major pain in the arse, very fiddly and the design / fit could be improved.

I'm using a Suppo 4120 / 620kV motor with 80 amp Hobbywing ESC and 6S, 4000mAh battery. Prop is 13 x 8. Watt testing was good, has plenty of power. Click image for larger version

Name:	20230402_120145.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	375020

Comment

I had an OK maiden flight.

The forward CG point in the manual is what you want, anything behind that point will result in very sad handling. Some planes you can get by with that a little bit, not this one, at least based on my maiden results.

I decided to add more mass inside the cowl to move my balance point a little more forward and the handling was much improved. It's a heavy plane, mine is six pounds with a 4,000mAh 6S battery secured fully forward on the tray.

​I also changed my prop to a 13 x 6.5...still has very good performance with less stress on motor and battery.

Did a re-maiden and it flys much better. Rolls are quick, nice big loops, knife-edge is decent. Pretty smooth flyer. Only a few clicks of aileron trim was needed.

The flaps definitely help with creating extra lift for slowing down to land. Flaps up landings are rather speedy, but manageable.

​​​​​​I would not recommend grass landings if you mount the wheel pants, because they will most definitely catch and the gear wires will turn into twisty pretzels. Three-point landings on asphalt are nice.

Comment

Any details on electric motor mounting?

Comment

This post may help with the motor mount as it is a typical NEXA setup: NEXA PA-22 TriPacer-Build log - RC Groups

Comment

I am building this Nexa Cap 10. Did you need to slot a wing for the flap control rod location to match the opposite flap slot? Stock: one wing was slotted on the inner wing location and the other wing was slotted on the outer position of the wing. The inner wing location appears to be the correct location.

Comment

Working...
                  X