X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a blast from the past

Design in the 1970s this is a large foam Pitts special. It has a 45cc gasoline engine in it.

Nice! I built two of those back in the day.

Comment

Yeah this was a "barn find" needed recovered, but I don't like how the covering looks on it so new plan is .75oz glass to cover, I'm thinking about using polycrylic so when it dries it has a fabric feel to it.

Comment

The old Byron Pitts was a nice flying model, when it was properly powered. The .60 belt drive was just not up to the task.

Comment

Yeah I really like how this flys with the 45cc zenoah. I just finished the repaint last week. And flew it again yesterday. Love that plane.

Comment

Here's the video

Comment

Here's another blast from the past. Delta 707, a 1956 pusher design (plans in Aeromodeller, Jan 1957). I built it in 1972 and still fly it. Converted to electric some 7 years ago, it has been clocked at 118mph. Not bad for a 50 year old model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	368658Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	368659Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	368660Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	368661

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                Here's another blast from the past. Delta 707, a 1956 pusher design (plans in Aeromodeller, Jan 1957). I built it in 1972 and still fly it. Converted to electric some 7 years ago, it has been clocked at 118mph. Not bad for a 50 year old model.
                Now that is very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  Here's the video
                  RM, great repaint, beautiful flight.

That airplane was what all the 'Cool Big Kids ' were flying when I started in the hobby.

Actually, any Byron Kit was what the neat elite had even if they couldn't fly 'em.

The Pitts Special is pretty awesome and yours is no exception. Very nice.

Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thank you brother!

Comment

I also got the engines on my P38 that has been hanging in the garage for 11 years to fire up and run, and actually run reliability. So hopefully that plane with a 90" wingspan will see its first flight since I built her so many years ago.

Comment

I got my Calliegrapics in today for my Pitts, now she really pops! Click image for larger version

Name:	20230214_171751.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	370481

Comment

I am also now ready to get my other bird in the air. My 90" P38

Comment

Working...
                          X