X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get throttle to work on my B-24

Setting up my B-24 and cannot get the motors to turn on. I reversed channel 1 and rebound and now the ESC's are beeping, but sound like they are in program mode and will not stop cycling. Cannot get any throttle. All other controls work find.

First off, you should have indicated what kind of radio you are using. That might have a bearing on what’s going on. Not knowing this information, all I can say is that you probably should NOT have reversed the throttle. By reversing it, it’s likely that the ESCs are seeing max throttle and that’s what tells them to all go into programming mode. Now that you’ve done that, you may need to set each and every ESC individually to factory default because you simply can’t be sure you didn’t change one or more of the parameters of one of more of the ESCs by having reversed the throttle channel.
    Once you’ve put the throttle back to “normal” (and you can check this in the monitor), you need to set each one to default. You’ll need to isolate each one to be sure you’ve done this correctly. As long as you’re at this, you should also try lowering the throttle trim to it’s lowest position. Then you can calibrate each throttle individually since you’ve already isolated each one. When you’ve defaulted each ESC and calibrated each one, now hook them all together and see if that corrects things.

Comment

In addition to what xviper wrote, be sure to take all the props off if you haven't already done that, Messing about with electrics when you don't know what you're doing is dangerous.

Comment

Sorry about the controller. It is a Spectrum NX8. After several attempts I finally got the ESC into programing and got the motors to work. Talked with Motion RC today and he wasn't sure why the motors didn't work without calibration. But said he has had a few do that. But going to go back and reset all to factory default and calibrate again.

Comment

Since it's an NX8, my statement about the throttle being reversed still stands. It wasn't the thing to do. Yes, try to set all the ESCs back to factory default and re-calibrate the throttle.
          As for the throttle not working on some and working on others, throttle trim may affect some ESCs differently than others, even if they are the same brand and size. It never hurts to ensure the trim is as low as it needs to be. Mid-trim (as most models start off as in a TX) may be seen as too high of throttle and the ESC will not arm. Also, depending on how you've got the throttle cut set up and at what level, this may have an effect on how the throttle works.

Comment

Working...
          X