X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly discombobulated...

I'm finishing a Phoenix Models Cessna 182 Skylane .46/.55, and the holes aren't drilled in the landing gear bulhead for either the throttle control or the nose gear control rods...wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what they did to address it...please help. Tyia

I do not have this model but looking at the manual, this kit is designed for both electric and internal combustion powerplants and as such, it is up to the owner to make adjustments to accommodate such things as "holes". The nose gear mount is mounted by 4 screws. You would mark and drill those holes. As for the steering servo rod, depending on where you locate the servo, you would drill the hole in the appropriate location so the wire meets up with the steering arm. This can be on the left or right side depending on how you decided to build the plane. As for the throttle cable feed, this also depends on whether you chose electric or IC and that will determine where exactly you need to put the hole(s). On page 31 of the manual, it even says, "make a hole". For electric, you may need to make more than one hole. If they drilled all the holes to cover all contingencies, this would weaken the firewall structure. This is all basic, fundamental airplane kit building skills.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      This is all basic, fundamental airplane kit building skills.
      Unfortunately these skills are not as common as they used to be.

Comment

So true. One would think, if a hole is needed ............................ make one.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Unfortunately these skills are not as common as they used to be.
          Why do you always have to belittle people, you're at least consistent across all the forums?
          AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Why do you always have to belittle people, you're at least consistent across all the forums?
            Who was belittled by what I wrote about the general decline in basic modeling skills? You?

Do you deny that BNF, Plug 'n Play, ARF+, etc., have led to a decline in modeling skills?

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

he's from chicago. he's just mad at everyone because his city is an awful place to live 😁

Comment

Delete..

Comment

Starting at the top, xviper kallend RRHandy serpentracer

We can either help this guy or not help this guy. Other than that why are we here?

Pretty sure y'all can help and I am grateful when you do.

This other "pushing buttons" just to do so has no place here, ever.

I'm not in a position to help this guy, I have no frame of reference, but I always write to the New Guys ..."great info here at the "Squawk".

You make me look pretty silly even though that is a short trip, I know.

Respectfully, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

looking through the manual it does say "make a hole" for the throttle rod. page 31. sounds normal not to have one already

Comment

he said landing gear bulkhead. I was just looking at that plane. it's balsa and pre built and wrapped. making getting to the landing gear bulkhead located mid fuselage a big problem.
                      He said the following:
                      landing gear bulhead for either the throttle control or the nose gear control rods
                      This means to me, the firewall as seen on page 15:

There's really nothing under the main gear "bulkhead" that needs to be accessed. If there is a need, you can get at it from above. I built the VQ Twin Otter and the main and nose gears are very similar to this one.

He hasn't replied so I hope we didn't scare him off.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post

He said the following:

This means to me, the firewall as seen on page 15:

There's really nothing under the main gear "bulkhead" that needs to be accessed. If there is a need, you can get at it from above. I built the VQ Twin Otter and the main and nose gears are very similar to this one.

He hasn't replied so I hope we didn't scare him off.
                        How did you quote something i edited? I looked at the manual and had to change what i said.

Comment

I don't know. It just happened.

Comment

Originally posted by serpentracer View Post
                            How did you quote something i edited? I looked at the manual and had to change what i said.
                            ST, the web-meister works in mysterious ways. For example, If you change any visible data in your Profile the site changes "all" of your previous posts with that new information. Might have something to do with that feature. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Too bad we don't have something like on my phone's text messaging .......................... "Take back" feature.

(Oops, I didn't mean to send that text the mother-in-law. It was supposed to go to my best friend. "My wife's mom is ugly and she stinks.") TAKE BACK! UNSEND! PLEASE! WILL BE IN DEEP DO-DO!

Comment

Working...
                              X