X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smaller counter rotating GAS engine

I am looking for a smaller RC gas engine that has a counter rotating prop in the 11.5 CC range for a twin engine plane. Is there such an engine available or do I need to find someone that can convert a conventional engine?

When you say gas you are saying gasoline, correct?

Comment

Gasoline is correct. The engine needs to be about the size of the 50 glow engine.

Comment

You can run gas engines in reverse without making changes. However, not sure you can find something that small. The smallest I have seen was a 10 CC (60 size) on hobbyking

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. I was thinking the same thing. Since I have never done that before I am guessing that about the only thing that needs to be done is to change the timing to the other side of the Hall sensor. Have you done this before? By the way a 60 size engine would be on the very high end of my requirements. I believe that Motion RC sells a 9.5 cc motor which appears to be on the low end. Looking forward to your reply.

Comment

I personally have not but I know several people in my former club who have (https://sccmas.org/). I am assuming that you are referring to NGH GT9 Pro. A gas engine in that size does not have much more power than a glow 46-50. Also a 60 size engine is 10 CC and this one is 9 CC so if it is at the bottom of your power requirement you may want to consider the NGH GT17. On the other hand though you have weight and size to deal with. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            X