X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Are you running 3 or 4s? I guess I do have to keep in mind that I fly mine on 2700 4s packs :Silly:
    I fly it 90% of the time on 3S 2200's and 2600's. Those batteries provide more then scale speed and aerobatics. 4S is crazy fast. Fun, but nowhere near anything scale...
    I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
    ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Really good advice, Fhhuber, thanks for sharing!

I like testing the model in the hand before launching, and move the throttle until I find a power setting where I can feel the aircraft wanting to leave my hand and fly out. A throttle setting slightly above that setting almost always results in a successful launch (provide toss and angle are good also). Learn the model, listen to the model, give the model what it needs. Nothing more, nothing less.
      This is what I do as well, and great advise in bold. What I find works well is to have a throttle setting that is just below the weight of the plane. In other words, I hold the plane vertical, and advance the throttle. Right at the point that it is neutral, or the thrust is equal to the weight of the plane, I check the throttle position. Then, I usually launch one click below that. If you go WOT, the P-factor and torque can bite you. Angle, both up from the horizon, and right wing down a bit also help. All of my hand launchers (five different 800mm FMS warbirds for the most part) require a slightly different angle up, and different right wing down tilt. Again, see Alpha's post and the part in bold. Good stuff right there...
      I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
      ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

But only 10 inches smaller is a BIG difference. The 40" Roc Waco is no comparison to the 50" Dynam Waco in flight performance and presence, and that is why I asked for a 50" Stagger because the 40" by Roc just don't get it done. ;)
        You are so right. 10" is a huge difference. I am done with the 50" aircraft. They are just too dang large for the small space I have available. I have the Dynam Albatross and T-28 Yellow Trojan. I am thinking of selling them. Quite honestly the FMS 980 mm is one of my favorite sizes. I also enjoy the 800 mm FMS sizes. I am afraid they won't be around long though. With the Lemon Rx with gyro they are quite stable. The Roc Hobby Stagger wings and Eflite Stearman are also of manageable size.....at least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FLTRI View Post

I fly it 90% of the time on 3S 2200's and 2600's. Those batteries provide more then scale speed and aerobatics. 4S is crazy fast. Fun, but nowhere near anything scale...
          Yes sir! I can totally agree with you on that!

Comment

Working...
          X