X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Voltage/ESC issue

Hi all, I recently purchased the 1.2m P-47 and have had some amazing flights using a spektrum smart 4s 2200. I purchased a 4s 2200 with an xt60 and bought an xt60 to ic3 adapter. On the first flight with the new battery, the plane felt a little less powerful than normal. Then, about 30 seconds into the flight my throttle started coughing and the voltage alarm on my NX6 went off. The thing is though is that the battery was supposedly fully charged. I then lost the throttle completely but was safely able to maneuver the plane to the ground. I quickly checked the battery using my voltage checker and still had 3.9 volts a cell, no dead cells. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what could've happened? I initially thought bad adapter, but wouldn't that cause total loss of power to the esc?

Originally posted by mpomanek View Post
    Hi all, I recently purchased the 1.2m P-47 and have had some amazing flights using a spektrum smart 4s 2200. I purchased a 4s 2200 with an xt60 and bought an xt60 to ic3 adapter. On the first flight with the new battery, the plane felt a little less powerful than normal. Then, about 30 seconds into the flight my throttle started coughing and the voltage alarm on my NX6 went off. The thing is though is that the battery was supposedly fully charged. I then lost the throttle completely but was safely able to maneuver the plane to the ground. I quickly checked the battery using my voltage checker and still had 3.9 volts a cell, no dead cells. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what could've happened? I initially thought bad adapter, but wouldn't that cause total loss of power to the esc?
    Sounds like low voltage cut-off (LVC) due to a pack with high internal resistance. The voltage sags when the pack is providing power, and a poor pack will have a greater sag. Once you land and stop pulling current the pack voltage recovers.

I don't like adapters in general and avoid using them, but unless the adapter has a poor soldered joint it is not likely the cause. Did the adapter get hot?

You don't say what brand the new pack is, nor what the ESC is, so it's hard to be more detailed.

Do you know what the LVC voltage is for your ESC?

Comment

The esc is a 70amp smart esc and the new pack is an Ovonic 4s 2200 from Amazon. I believe the LVC is set to 3.4v a cell

Comment

Originally posted by mpomanek View Post
        The esc is a 70amp smart esc and the new pack is an Ovonic 4s 2200 from Amazon. I believe the LVC is set to 3.4v a cell
        That explains it.

Comment

Very cold weather does some funny things to batteries but that also sounds like a battery not being able to handle the voltage damand.

Comment

Working...
          X