X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 1700mm P-51D; "Red Tails"

Suspect much of this has/may have been addressed in other posts (1700 Corsair?) but have been unable to divine why I get no aileron response using the green circuit board supplied, and the single lead (marked "AILE") going to the RX. Going through the rat's maze of wiring I found two leads from the wings- one per- unattached to anything, which I hooked up to a working, generic Y-harness for a direct link to the RX. Result: partial, nonsensical (one direction) movement on one, and a fast jam to extreme deflection on the other. Have reached out to FMS but no response yet. All variables (TX, RX, wiring, etc.) confirmed OK...

All that $$$ for a brand new, "5th Generation" (?) product, and they're still firetrucking up...

I'm not quite sure how you have hooked up the green box. There is a specific method for doing so.
    It replaces the Y harnesses. So both left side ansideight side Ailerons flaps and gear go into the respective left and right sides on the green box. Then one aileron lead ,one elevator lead and one gear lead comes from the green box to the receiver. All other leads go direct to the receiver.

Comment

I have exactly that plane and my NX10 controls it perfectly.
      Sounds like an assembly/instruction problem. Have you tried tracing every servo connection from source to destination to validate everything matches the manual.
      Ive also had issues (sometimes) on some of my airplane profiles after a firmware upgrade. The only fix, for me, was to figure out which airplane profiles got impacted, delete them and start over.
      I’ll be interested to see where this one goes

Comment

Thanks, Gents-

NB: Roger the process of double checking greenbox hookup via supplied "diagrams". Already done, but will triple check in the AM.

GG: Everything identifiable checks out as being routed / assembled (with the help of additional pair of hands) "correctly" (IMHO the "manual" is just this side of useless).

[One side chuckle... sorry, but no "ware" (soft or firm), profiles, upgrades or multi- switched/toggled porcupine computers masquerading as radios for me. My stone-age Airtronics (Sanwa) equipment- non glitch and trouble free for what seems like centuries- continues to outperform "star-wars", multi-menu, infinitely programmable and assignable systems. If you need same, OK- but I'm one of the original K.I.S.S. disciples. I suspect I'll be buried with my stuff.]
        !

Comment

Then all I can siggest is that you locate a buddy with a less than 20 year old transmitter and see what happens when he binds to your receiver (which I assume is a name brand newer model) and see if the same issues exist. If they do, it’s the plane, if they don’t it’s the radio.

Good Luck Sir

Comment

Thanks, GG- as I follow the Empirical method I may end up having to do just that, though I hope not. So far, silence from FMS "support". Stay tuned...

Comment

Working...
            X