X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Hellcat 1400mm ? Re-release?

Just curious if the 1400mm Hellcat from FMS will ever be produced again? one I missed out on ,but would love to have one at that size.
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

We don't have any official information at this time, but unofficially I do not anticipate them re-releasing the 1.4m Hellcat anytime soon. Hellcats have trouble selling in any size for any brand we've engaged, for some reason.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

In my opinion, that is simply because of hardware and form. The FMS and Dynam Hellcats are both good flying airplanes, but had unreliable gear, lots of wing flex, no shock struts and fairly low power. I also had a lot of trouble with the stock servos on the FMS for some reason. The FMS P-51 V7.5 was the same price as the Hellcat, with much better hardware. The Corsair was also given upgraded gear for the same price, but the Hellcat still had plastic gear. In addition, both the Dynam and FMS Hellcats have a pretty large amount of scale deficiencies. If a scale looking Hellcat with good hardware was released, I think it would do very well. I am hoping we see one from FlightlineRC in the 1.2M series in the future.

Comment

bummer on all that...oh well..maybe they will at some point release an upgraded version with better hardware... thanks for the reply.
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Hi I have a 1400mm FMS Hellcat looking to sell. I bought it in 2012 and has never flown only taxied it in my driveway. I seen your post from 2016 thought you would be interested but not sure now. I have extra wings and many other parts for it.Original box too. No battery but everything else is all there....Glenn in NY

Comment

Comment

How much are you asking for it?

Davegee

Comment

Dave make me a reasonable offer....It comes with a 6 channel transmitter and many extras.....This is for somebody who really wants one ..not a casual inquirer with a low offer....It is brandnew as far as never flown and only taxied for maybe combined tops 1/2 hour when I first got it...... Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Pall View Post
                  Dave make me a reasonable offer....It comes with a 6 channel transmitter and many extras.....This is for somebody who really wants one ..not a casual inquirer with a low offer....It is brandnew as far as never flown and only taxied for maybe combined tops 1/2 hour when I first got it...... Glenn
                  Hi Glenn: I wouldn't need the transmitter, as I have a good one for all my other airplanes. You may want to hold off and sell the whole thing to someone who wants a transmitter, too, I don't know.

A couple of concerns for me: first, what is the size box and weight for shipping? What part of the country do you live in? I am in Cody WY, which might be very expensive to ship, depending how far away you live from me. Also, and not casting any aspersions on you in any way, but a few months ago I got ripped off to the tune of $350 for a FMS P-47 NIB plane and shipping from someone who "seemed" to be on the up and up, which they weren't, as it turns out. If we were to arrive at a mutually acceptable price and shipping, I'd have to be sure it would be handled in some manner that gives me protections should something not work out in receiving it. Again, the old "once bitten, twice shy" philosophy!

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave I wouldnt buy it if your skeptical and had bad luck previously. The whole package is what Im selling.Thanks for your interest.... Glenn

Comment

Thanks, Glenn. I wish you luck with your sale.

Best,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X