X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-Flite “Timber”

Hi guys, I just got my first RC plane, the e-Flite “Timber” the other day. Since this is a new release, this past June I think, is there anyone here have any experiences / problems they may want to share?

This is the BNF version with AS3X technology and I bought the Spektrum DXe transmitter with option of SAFE.

I posted some of my anticipated modifications in the ‘ Tips section ‘ that will hopefully keep this plane as safe as reasonable giving gravity has a way of winning sometimes.
    Thanks,

J.Michael

I recently bought the plane and I have had no problems with it. I really like the plane and very easy to fly.
    My YouTube Channel

Comment

I love the Timber. Awesome plane. The only weak spot I've found are the weak springs on the landing gear. I've been through 3 sets already. You have to buy the whole suspension kit at 18 bucks a pop to get 2 crappy springs. Other than that, I love this plane.

Comment

Very easy to fly and impressive looking in the air. The landing gear springs are definitely an area of concern - it's like they are made of low quality spring steel that bends and breaks. I'm an intermediate flyer and would have loved to have had this as my first plane.
        UMX: B-17, PT-17, P-47, A-10, Habu. E-Flite: Sportsman, Timber, Spitfire, P-47. Flyzone f-86 64 mm, Dynam Albatros, Flyzone Zero Select, Freewing B-17, Hobby Zone F4-U Corsair

Comment

I'm loving my Timber! Took it out for mor fun this morning and am blown away with how slow she can fly. So far I've been lucky, no real problems here. I can't imagine breaking the springs, she lands so smoothly but it seems to be a common problem, will keep an eye out.

I am a bit concerned about airflow to the ESC, My batteries were feeling warmer than they should when I realized the heat was coming from the ESC since it in such close proximity. Going to see if I can find a solution to that.

Comment

I have one that I have not maiden yet. I though the quality was poor and let Horizon know such. On their web site, I noted that one customer had to send his back twice for defective parts. I do not feel real good about this plane.

Comment

I decided to add a little ventilation to the battery compartment to see if it would help dissipate some of the heat from the ESC..

I cut out some foam from the battery hatch leaving just enough lip to glue a piece of sheet styrene to so that it would sit flush, then I drilled holes using a dremel tool.

Don't know how much difference it will make, but I figured it can't hurt to try.

Comment

Can anyone help me program the flaps? Right know they flaps are controlled by the ‘flight mode’ switch. How can I change it to the ‘flaps’ channel? I have a DXe transmitter. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                X