Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up the SD that had less than perfect paint a few weeks back, ( it had been touched up) and noticed the same thing. Planning to repaint also.

Comment

I'm with you Mad Baron, +1 on the spare. Also curious if it's to be discontinued.(?) BTW, spare parts are getting sparse in these parts...(MRC)

Comment

When I ordered my back up Mossy I also placed an order for some extra spare parts just in case it was to be discontinued.

Comment

Got my Mosquito done a couple of weeks ago. Weather and my schedule haven't been syncing. But I did take it out last Wed to do some taxi tests. It was the first time I had it on the ground and not up an a stand.
          I noticed the Horizontal Stab wasn't level. So figured I'd messed up installing it. However on close inspection the mount point is tight and flush on both sides.
          My next thought was the mating surfaces weren't level. That didn't make me happy as I had foam-tac'd the H-stab into place. But before I went trying to pry it apart I figured I try to see if the 2 sides of the H-stab were off....turns out they are.
          So I am not all the experienced with this sort of thing. Will this effect flight in a real way? Or is it something that once she is trim'd I won't notice it? Or should I be getting a new H-stab?

And for those that may not have noticed....the Mossy is now listed as Discontinued.
          Attached Files
          Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
          R. A. Heinlein

Comment

With the Freewing Mosquito being discontinued will the build and flight videos still remain on Motion RC youtube website being that some folks still have not built their Mosquito yet and the build video is very helpful in getting the plane built correctly.

Comment

Where can i purchase a mosquito freewing now they are discontinued. Or is there another make i can get?

Comment

RC Castle is still carrying the Freewing Mossie and spare parts.

what I'm wondering is if Motion and Freewing will be developing a Flight Line version in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Duck View Post
                  RC Castle is still carrying the Freewing Mossie and spare parts.

what I'm wondering is if Motion and Freewing will be developing a Flight Line version in the future.
                  I'd love that

Comment

I believe that's Ali Express also carries the complete kit.
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      Bringing this thread back from the grave. Gave it is quick re-read and feel I should offer an update along with my question.

The H-Stab being off didn't cause a problem, once she was trimmed out flew just fine. Right and Left turns and rolls are not noticeably different.

I have really enjoyed the Mosquito, fly's well. Has enough power, not a powerhouse mind you but more than enough that if you goose it she'll get you out of trouble. One thing that really surprised me was the authority of the ailerons. She rolls much faster than I expected, nearly got me in trouble on my first flight. Though to be clear I do run about 8% rudder mix with my ailerons.

On to the question, does anyone know of a prop replacement for the Mosquito? I did manage to get some spares while they were available. And still have one more set in reserve. This after a bad landing last week. Had a head wind on landing that dropped out on me and I over corrected. My fault. But I did a number on my props. Luckily that was the only damage.

Thank you,
                      Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                      R. A. Heinlein

Comment

Hey Delizar, I haven't been on here for a while, just saw your post. I might have a spare set I can lay on you. Let me check stock, and I'll get back to you...

Comment

Anyone looking to sell their Mosquito?

Comment

Working...
                          X