X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumman G-164B AgCat

For a long time now I have been wanting a Grumman G-164 B AgCat. Preferably on that has the extended wings and the Hershey wing tips. Either version be it radial powered or turb-prop powered will be fine. Though the turbine version may provide an easier CG balance.

Any size would be great; but the bigger the better. It would be great if they were developed with either a 4s 14.8v or 6s 22.2v (or both) power system.

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/don_busack/g-164a_ag-cat_n8882h/images/g-164a_ag-cat_n8882h_70_of_92.jpg

I'm with you on this one. I have suggested one before. A 50 inch on 4s would be ideal for me. The radial version is my preference you could add a sound and smoke system and it would be awsome.

Comment

Multiple uses for this model.

Comment

Hey FF..........that pontoon version floats my boat!!!!!!! Instead of clogging up the FL design room on this maybe the boys could get Dynam to make one, after all the Waco they make has been a good selling platform.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I think dynam would do a good job with it. I'm not sure if it would be a top seller but man I would love to see one made in foam. As I stated a while back in another thread these planes are what started my love of airplanes as I'm sure it did others. Anyone that grew up in a rural farming area watched these work and imagined they would fly one day.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
            I think dynam would do a good job with it. I'm not sure if it would be a top seller but man I would love to see one made in foam. As I stated a while back in another thread these planes are what started my love of airplanes as I'm sure it did others. Anyone that grew up in a rural farming area watched these work and imagined they would fly one day.
            The same with me. The first pic of the turbine Cat is my cousin's.
            I used to ride my bike up to the field to watch him and my uncle as they were spraying or practicing on the local fields.
            My other uncle has even had his Thrush modeled by David Hayes. The same Thrush that he won Top Gun with several times.

Comment

How about something truly unique and odd.
              The TwinCat!

Comment

Neat idea its a bip and its unique I love it and it might sell better then you think. The twin is a bit odd its neat its weird but prob flies like an arrow. Great ideas keep them coming!!

Comment

I would still like to start with a traditional old radial Ag Cat then go from there. Iv been waiting for one for a long time.

Comment

I like the radial version of the AG Cat and yes it would make a great model although I don't know how popular it would be. It does have something that makes it different and there are plenty of the full size around.

Martin.

Comment

Martin there are tons of options for those who like to do mods. Here are a couple

Comment

As I said earlier in this thread, lets get Dynam in on this and I will make it another float bird !
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Dynam Or Flightline as long as we can get someone to start seriously talking about it.

Comment

Last year in my area there was a guy who shot a crop duster with a rifle. Hit the plane in one of the flaps. The pilot landed safely and the shooter was sentenced to 5 years in prison.
                            What an idiot!.

Comment

I know initially I'll end up buying 2 for starters. One as a radial and the other as a turbine.
                              Then after my bank account recovered, I'd probably get a 3rd (maybe even 4th). The third would probably go to my cousin to put in the Hanger next to his full scale AgCat.

Comment

The radial Ag Cat is the original purpose built work airplane I wonder how or why it got skipped over for the Pawnee or C188.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                  The radial Ag Cat is the original purpose built work airplane I wonder how or why it got skipped over for the Pawnee or C188.
                                  Probably because it's a bipe. It would seem that getting licensing for Grumman products hasn't been all that difficult. At least not as difficult as Cessna. I'm not sure how much Schweizer's part in it would affect licenses to build an RC model.
                                  Grumman has produced some great aircraft. It would seem that just about the only Cats left to do are biplanes.

Ag aircraft have only recently started to gain popularity in the more mainstream RC world. There are soooo many Ag aircraft I'd love to see eventually produced. Snow/Ares Thrush S2, Callair A-9, a larger C-188, Air Truck, Dromader PZL M-18. But first I want an AgCat!

Comment

That was because of the movie planes and they wanted to do the dusty crophopper plane. I'm shocked they never done ripslinger .

Comment

I get to work on this baby based out of Defiance Ohio and I would love to have an RC version.
                                      preferably by dynam because they have great flying bi wingers..

Comment

Try Manzano Lazer Works. He produces a short kit. Not sure the scale, but with the drawings you could scale up or down.

Comment

Working...
                                        X