Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a hot link on my desktop, so guess where I'm buying my rx's from now on?!
    Team Gross!

Comment

Dang, mail lady just dropped of the Krylon Foam Primer that I ordered!!
      So, now I have the primer, the paint, the clear coat, the decals and the receiver!! Now all I need is the danged airplane!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks for the tip Grossman56. I will try this today. I am looking for spare parts and everything seems to be out of stock. I hope there is a ship docked some where in the US with lot so stuff on it for Motion..

Comment

WOW, she arrived today, such a cool plane. Wouldn't you know it the strut that CB recommends isn't in stock.
          BTW, the 10 channel Lemon receiver works great!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

I just ordered all the parts to do the nose gear upgrade that OV10 did. My question to him is; what method did you use to drill the hole for the retract pin? I mean to keep it straight and in line? Thanks for any help.

Dave

Comment

Used the drill press and press vice with the strut vertically aligned in the vice with a square to the table
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                Used the drill press and press vice with the strut vertically aligned in the vice with a square to the table
                Thank You Sir. I'm looking forward to this upgrade as our field is grass and a bit rough. And on a side note, If I don't make it online this weekend....Thank You for your service!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Hey Phoenix, I'm thinking that your are running into some spots on your plane that may have some mold release or something else oil based on your plane, possibly from the plastic bags the parts come in. Try putting Minwax on the spots, then wiping it up with a micro fiber rag at let it dry, it takes a matter of minutes in room temp. What happens is the water based Minwax 'balls' up the oil based mold release or whatever it is , the you just wipe the stuff off within the Minwax. Hopefully that will help. Then go get yourself some out door Spar Urethane, water based with a UV protectant. A dark bird like this one is going to need all the protection it can get!!

Grossman56Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6863.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	59794
                  GM Where can I find this at? I couldn't find this at Lowes. I did find and have used the Minwax spar. I haven't looked at Home Depot.
                  Still Learning:D

Comment

My Lowe's, Home Depot and Menards did not have it so I ordered it on Amazon.

Comment

If you can, pick up this for the best gloss finish..
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	027426359055.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	188377 The can will say clear gloss, but will look just like this, I believe it was Lowes where I bought it, got to pick up some more, great finish, remember brush for glossiest finish, spray gun for duller to dullest finish (when using clear matte Minwax, found on Amazon)

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                      X