X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official E-flite 1550mm Timber Thread

Official thread for the E-flite Timber multi-terrain airplane. Please feel free to posts pictures, videos and any other information about this aircraft.

I just snagged her tonight. I had the Flyzone Beaver which was surprisingly an awesome scale foam seaplane. Lights, scale fidelity, wonderfully gentle flight characteristics...At dusk with the lights, she looked every bit the part.

Unfortunately a giant tree jumped up and grabbed her at a lake I was spending time with the family at and it was then time to look for my next seaplane.

So the E-flite Timber has peeked my interest. Nice scale looks, love the flaps, SLATS! Looks like a great lighting package like the Beaver...Both floats and tundra tires, steerable water rudders...Man I can't wait to get her in my local giant pond and the lakes in my vacation future.

Anyone else diggin' on the seaplanes?

https://www.motionrc.com/collections/seaplanes/products/e-flite-timber-bnf-basic-with-floats-1555mm-61-wingspan-bnf

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      I just snagged her tonight. I had the Flyzone Beaver which was surprisingly an awesome scale foam seaplane. Lights, scale fidelity, wonderfully gentle flight characteristics...At dusk with the lights, she looked every bit the part.

Unfortunately a giant tree jumped up and grabbed her at a lake I was spending time with the family at and it was then time to look for my next seaplane.

So the E-flite Timber has peeked my interest. Nice scale looks, love the flaps, SLATS! Looks like a great lighting package like the Beaver...Both floats and tundra tires, steerable water rudders...Man I can't wait to get her in my local giant pond and the lakes in my vacation future.

Anyone else diggin' on the seaplanes?

https://www.motionrc.com/collections/seaplanes/products/e-flite-timber-bnf-basic-with-floats-1555mm-61-wingspan-bnf

Me Todd... Is the Beav still up in the tree? If you get the Timber I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and comparisons to the Beaver. I hope the hardware is better quality than the Beaver's was too. We are heading to our lake cottage soon so I have to dig mine out and get it ready to go off the water again. Never did fly it off the ground yet. So, did you actually get the Timber or just dreaming on it?
      Lauren

Comment

I have one-pre-ordered with Motion, does anyone know when the pre-order shipments will be going out? Looks like a fun plane, looking forward to flying!

Comment

I ordered the BNF last night...Ships today! Whoo! I'll let you know what I think of it soon!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Flic - Pre-order shipments all went out on Monday 6/27 by 4pm CST. I'm going to grab one of these myself and fly it this weekend. I'm looking very forward to it. I may leave the leading edge slats off unless I can think of a way to make them removable. I don't want a STOL plane all the time.

Comment

Looks like a replacement wing is $48. I think when I buy one I'll buy an extra wing so I can with or without slats.

Comment

Quick vid of my Maiden of the Timber

Comment

Cool, how did you like it? Looks like it can really handle slow flight. Did you use slats and flaps?
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

It flies a lot like my Flyzone Beaver Had slats and flaps on in the slow fly by. Battery straps are a pain if you have even normal size hands. I think it will fly even slower than in the vid as I was going down wind on the pass and I didn't want to stall it on its maiden LOL

Comment

Boy it sure looked good though. When are you going to the water with it.
                      Dewey l

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                        Boy it sure looked good though. When are you going to the water with it.
                        Not sure, I just put the floats together so I wouldn't lose any of the parts. Our club just had a float fly a couple weeks ago and the next one isn't till the fall.
                        Lon flies in a decent area for floats it looks like so maybe I'll have to get together with him for a float day.

Comment

That sounds like a great plan. Do a video for us if you would.
                          Dewey l

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                            That sounds like a great plan. Do a video for us if you would.
                            I have a couple other vids from last night than I need to edit

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa54 View Post
                              Not sure, I just put the floats together so I wouldn't lose any of the parts. Our club just had a float fly a couple weeks ago and the next one isn't till the fall.
                              Lon flies in a decent area for floats it looks like so maybe I'll have to get together with him for a float day.
                              Iowa54...It's a open invitation to come my way. You will love the lake/area i fly with the Beaver.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post

Iowa54...It's a open invitation to come my way. You will love the lake/area i fly with the Beaver.
                                We will have to do something soon. Not sure what is going on next week with the 4th and all and I think the wife is on vacation next week

Comment

Last flight of the day Pretty decent slow flyer

Comment

You and Lon need to get together Iowa.... Lon has the best place I've seen for floatplanes plus I'd love to hear comparisons regarding the Beav and the Timber.
                                    Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
                                      You and Lon need to get together Iowa.... Lon has the best place I've seen for floatplanes plus I'd love to hear comparisons regarding the Beav and the Timber.
                                      We will soon I'm sure. We have flown at the field before and seems our schedules have been conflicting lately.
                                      Not much action or interest it seems for the Timber. I would like to get another set of the Timbers tires to try out on the Beaver...

Comment

The build went together nicely. The only snag so far is that the rudder wire that connects to the rudder (push/pull) is too short. If I stretch it enough to be able to lock the wire down it pushes the water rudders over too far past center. I need to be smarter than the elementary setup but I am stumped. Any ideas?
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                        X