X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam Waco binding problem

Bound my Waco. Everything worked except the motor, with a very fast repeating beep. Instructions say it means the throttle isn't lowered, but it is. I finally lowered the throttle trim, full down, from the center and it worked. Is there any problem with leaving it this way? Thanks, Doc

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
    Bound my Waco. Everything worked except the motor, with a very fast repeating beep. Instructions say it means the throttle isn't lowered, but it is. I finally lowered the throttle trim, full down, from the center and it worked. Is there any problem with leaving it this way? Thanks, Doc
    You're good doctormike. The Detrum ESC that Dynam uses seems to need everything all the way down. At least that's my experience with both their Waco and GeeBee.

Comment

Did you go through the throttle learn sequence first? Most ESCs have one, unless they are set to fixed range mode.

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread ........................... Every time I start a new model, the first thing I do is to lower the throttle trim to zero. Some ESCs don't mind it but some won't arm unless it sees absolutely no throttle. Some models even require you to go into the throttle servo travel and lower it even more. After you've bound it, do the throttle calibration so it knows where actual "zero" is and where 100% is.
        This whole "mid-throttle" trim on every new model memory is a throw back to IC engines for models (be they planes, cars, boats) because IC motors need to idle. Without the mid-point setting on the trim, other adjustments have to be made or the thing won't start and stay running. Electrics don't need to idle, so you don't need an arbitrarily set throttle level. Electrics are either OFF or in various degrees of ON.

Comment

Hi yes when it comes to Spectrum radios the first thing I do is manually take the throttle trim to -100 then bind the receiver. This will also setup safe mode as well. I found that all esc from freewing ,dynam and fms needs this to be done.

Comment

You will also need to perform this step and this will sometimes wake up an ESC as it sets the parameters for High and Low Throttle. https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...ed-control-esc this should be done on any new model.

Comment

Oh, yeah... I've learned about the throttle learn sequence, but it didn't work. I'm going to do the throttle learn sequence again, but should I do it with the trim at half or all the way down since it is working all the way down? Then I'll put the trim back to center to see if it works that way. If not, I'll just run it with the trim down. Sheeeeeez, :Silly: Thanks, guys! Doc

Comment

I thought the generic Electrifly ESC was defective in my Tower Hobbies P-51. I did the normal throttle calibration rituals but it would not arm and throttle up. I finally discovered that I had to raise the throttle stick, hear a beep, then lower stick and hear four beeps, then ESC was armed and ready to throttle up. I also found that this safety feature defeats the throttle lock safety feature on my Aurora 9 transmitter which I rely on with other brands of ESC's. So the ESC's safety feature defeats the transmitter's safety feature."Electrifly" brand ESC's including the "silver series" all have this feature, so I was later informed. Always take the time to remove the prop when binding receiver to transmitter, calibrating the throttle stick to ESC or trying to get an ESC to work. A spinning propeller can not only put you in the ER, it can blow stuff off your work bench, or suck things up into the spinning prop like the cover and first five pages of my transmitter manual ;-(.

Comment

Working...
                X