X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 1500mm P-47 Razorback

Okay guys, time to review this beautiful offering from FMS!!

Out Of The Box

The box itself is a jigsaw puzzle, but it holds the model very securely. Even though the wizards at UPS tried to kick a hole in it, they did not succeed. Very low part count on the model itself, and there was not a scratch on it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170323_133638.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	69483Click image for larger version

Name:	20170323_135848.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	69484

Construction

Did I say construction? What a joke. 8 screws and 5 pieces have the bulk of the plane together. There are two wing spars, and a spar for the stab. The propeller is four bolts and nuts, and 6 pieces. The prop nut is tightened by hand, and is very secure. The outboard bombs are pre installed on the racks which are glued to the bottom of the wing, and the fuel tank and rocket pods slide on to the typical FMS mounting brackets. Glue the guns to the wings, and the antennae and pitot tube are installed and this bird is receiver ready!!

Name:	20170323_140046_002.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	69485

Radio, Battery, and Set-up

The interior of this bird is cavernous. I mounted my 6 channel Lemon receiver and got everything hooked up and bound. Installed my Admiral 6S 5000mAh battery, and everything powered up nicely. Because the plane has the new FMS 6 pin wing connector, this was my first opportunity to lower the gear and test the servo for the wing control surfaces. The gear are large and very impressive, with a great scale tread on the 3 1/2" main wheels. Everything worked flawlessly out of the box.

Name:	20170323_164623.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	69486

The Maiden Flight

Range check was performed at my home field, and checked out okay. Next was to see how it was going to handle the grass!! I needent have worried about it, it didn't even know it was on grass!! Takeoff roll and liftoff were smooth, and I was impressed with the stock power. Flew a few circuits, and set in to see its aerobatic capabilities. Nice large loops from the stock system, and a scale roll rate. A few low high speed fly-bys for the WOW factor, then I dropped the flaps. Holy cow!! With full flaps down, the plane will float for days. I used half flaps to get it to settle into a nice descent, and the touchdown is one of the softest and sweetest effortlessly.

Closing Thoughts

This plane is definitely a keeper. Sweet handling in the air and on the ground, Beautiful clean lines, impressive landing gear, and enough room inside for anything you want to put in it. I will be installing the Aspire sound system and two TT-25s in her, and I am doing a livery change to my favorite Razorback, "The Bug". Here are some shots of the painting and weathering, and as of now, my decals are in the mail from Callie!!

Name:	20170326_142338.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	69487Click image for larger version

Name:	20170326_142349.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	69488Click image for larger version

Name:	20170326_145938.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	69489

Beautiful, the photos look great! Matt

Comment

It's a great looking model, don't repaint it !

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
        It's a great looking model, don't repaint it !

Martin.

Name:	photo_1490288570625.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	69522

I have always been a sucker for this livery, and it should look fantastic at this scale!!

Comment

Great Kloverzero. Youve had the same impressions on yours as i did mine. I love it and it never misses a trip to the field with me. I just wish they would have made the bombs a little easier to unclip. Had to reglue once already. Thanks for your review.:Cool:

Dewey l

Comment

Any trouble with the wing control connection after taking them off several times. Just ordered one just seeing how they are holding up

Comment

Working...
            X