You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pogo
    replied
    Glad you got such a beauty Corsair Aros! Just sold mine and am feeling some "sellers remorse". I'll bet Brad is too.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• saint
    replied
    Hey Aros, what c rating would you recommend with that set up for the lipo's?

Can't wait for you to post a maiden video when you get it up and running.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Thanks! Me too! ;)

Everything I've read she's a real solid flyer as well. Lands like a *****cat with 45 degree flaps.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Woah! That's exciting! Beautiful model. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. :Cool:

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Here's the ESM 50cc Corsair with a 1/5 Pappy Boyington pilot from Best Pilots that has a servo-activated turning head...That is the goal! So cool!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ESMF4U-74AAF_1.500.jpg
Views:	1308
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	74550

Leave a comment:

• downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

I am absolutely delighted about this F4U Corsair that downwindleg (Brad) has offered to sell to me at a price I simply could not refuse! I am humbled and grateful for Brad's generosity. He has already spent quite a lot of hours on the build. My buddy Chris and I are going to finish it up and I will document the progress here. Chris and I will be travelling to meet Brad at his home in the beautiful San Juan island this father's day weekend. We're going to make a co-family trip of it as the San Juan islands in the Summer is simply gorgeous. With some luck and Brad's blessing we may even get some flights in at his personal flying field! All depending on what if any birds we can bring with us that will fit. After all, the Guest of Honor will be this giant Corsair I am bringing home with me!

I have been searching for a giant scale Corsair for quite some time. I nearly pulled the trigger on the nice looking Hangar 9 60cc Corsair but I'm glad I didn't as this one already has quite a bit done already and I can customize it to my heart's content. Here's what Brad has invested so far:
    • Rimfire 65 brushless motor
    • Castle HV 160A ESC
    • AR12310T 12-Channel DSMX/XPlus PowerSafe Receiver
    • Biela 25x10 3 Blade Propeller
    • Savox and Hitec Servos
    • Power Bus
    • Robart Electric Retracts
    • Robart Sequencer
    • Tys Planes Cockpit Kit
    • Robart Scale Aluminum Wheels
    Very nice quality components so what's left for me to finish is mounting of the motor, finishing up the connections, finish the gear door mechanism, add the strut gear doors, install the tail wheel doors and decide on if Brad will let me buy his Biela 25x10 prop or find another one. I plan on going with two 6S 5000's in series (at the moment). Once she's maidened successfully I will begin work on the fun stuff (for me) which is detailing. putting the cockpit kit together and painting, getting the 1/5 scale Pappy Boyington from Best Pilots, adding a canopy rail for sliding canopy, new paint and of course weathering details for the finishing touches. I can hardly wait!!

These are some of the photos Brad has submitted to me. More will follow as I continue and progress through the build. Hopefully this thread can be useful for others considering either this same model or a similar-sized giant scale warbird with electric conversion.

So thank you Brad for this amazing opportunity! I can't wait to get started!
Working...
X