Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys need to check this out . I live only 15 miles away and have watched her slowly rise from the ashes. http://www.maam.org/p61.html

Comment

Now I want to build this. :)

Comment

That restoration is awesome. Can't even grasp the time and effort to restore her to flying condition.

Comment

Originally posted by WW2rcpilot View Post
          You guys need to check this out . I live only 15 miles away and have watched her slowly rise from the ashes. http://www.maam.org/p61.html
          just curious, is the 1/32 model I built for them still on display there? once they got it in I was hoping to see it on their site,but never did.
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

another vote for the P-61 Black Widow. I don't know how many of these I built as a kid in 1/48 scale, but I always seemed to be working one of these or another B-17. I would be totally happy having one in the OD scheme if the concerns over black paint on foam is too much. I actually kind of like the OD scheme as makes the plane easier to see. Add some invasion stripes and it would be ready for D-day. The A-26 is on my list for twin engine warbirds, but I would probably tip the scale over to the P-61 if it came down between the two of them. I figured a silver A-26 with "Fire Eaters" on the nose would look nice with my PBY. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post

just curious, is the 1/32 model I built for them still on display there? once they got it in I was hoping to see it on their site,but never did.
              I know there is a model on display but can't say if it is yours

Comment

this is the one I built for them... I know they had a large RC static model there too.
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Dynam officially announces:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-61-Blackwidow
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

And it's black.

Comment

Here we go again !!!! Looking for the pre order button on a daily basis. I really have to think we're all a little crazy here on this forum? LoL I can't wait to have a P-61 in my fleet, need another plane like I need another hole in my head. But it's a P-61!!!

Comment

My ESM P-61 with a 83” wingspan. When the dynam one comes out It will be weard not being the only P-61 owner around. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                          My ESM P-61 with a 83” wingspan. When the dynam one comes out It will be weard not being the only P-61 owner around. Lol
                          Cherish it until it meets the expiration date cause VQ Warbirds just announced on Dec 11th that ESM is discontinuing the complete line. :(
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one. I was looking for the preorder button, but now I'm glad for the little waiting period.

Comment

My dynam p61(3rd batch to hit the states from bitgo hobbies) has finally come together. All stock, mo mods other than cosmetic. The usual dynam gaps filled in with beacon foam filler. Ironlak gloss black acrylic spray paint. Callie graphics decals. It flies great,lands great. Landing gear works in the cold (unlike my mrc pre-order 1st batch b-26) 9min safe flight (mostly 3/4 throttle) with a couple min in reserve. 4000 mah 30c china hobby line batts. This and my marauder get all the attention and questions at the field. It looks absolutly sinister in the air.
                              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Looks great Cfit, but you have to take those slicks for tires off and get you some Dave Brown's or Robarts.:)

Comment

Very true. New treads in the near future for the widow and the marauder. Have to check the b 26 threads again for the right fit. I forgot wich tires had that "cross" tread.
                                  Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                    Very true. New treads in the near future for the widow and the marauder. Have to check the b 26 threads again for the right fit. I forgot wich tires had that "cross" tread.
                                    Robart wheels have the cross-thread tread and the size for the mains is 2.75.

I think I used Dub-Bro's. The nose gear... well I had trouble finding the right size, I wanted my model to sit with the nose a little high just like the real plane. So I used a Dave Brown nose wheel and its 2 3/8. Here's a pic of mine sitting in the back of my truck (mobile hanger).

I used Robarts on my P61. I don't have a pic handy.

In the B26 thread you can see the Robart wheels that George (Tired Iron) used on page 22, they really look good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171008_151903.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	180388
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

I ran across this great P61 picture on the internet today, I had not seen it before. Its a great shot if you're looking for scale details like the cowl flaps, the gun turret, etc. It clearly shows where the pilot should be sitting, and the correct scale. (The Dynam pilots are too large and are sitting in the wrong position.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	53615606_10216398681933632_8727174675601293312_n.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	184445
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
                                        Good luck with that one TI. The powers that be won't make a black plane. I have lobbied for this and an SR-71. Seems like the sun is too great an enemy of a black EPO model for it to be considered. In my humble opinion, it would be the baddest assed plane in the entire fleet, but what do I know....
                                        The problem is that people want it all, no compromises. Everybody wants the SR-71, and we keep on being told no, because black doesn't handle the sun. Well how about the A-12 Oxcart, which was the cover story for the development of the Black Bird. It's SILVER with black trim that cold be done by stickers, not paint. And then if you STILL want it black, you can paint it. But compromise seems to be an alien concept on this board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X