X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-61B Black Widow

Alright enough jet talk, when are we getting one of these in at least a 1700mm ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P61.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	80102
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

ABSOLUTELY!!! I've been wanting one of these for ages. one of the baddest twins ever built.:Cool:

Comment

My daughter's name is "Tabitha"...

Name:	19023454_1545284932168504_3859364645118925057_o.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	80107
      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I would love a P-61 at some point, especially around 1600mm. My guess is the black color has scared most manufacturers off from doing this in EPO. Might need some sort of special UV coating to avoid easily puffing when exposed to the sun. Sure, they could do one in OD, but the P-61 always looks best in black.

Comment

That is one fighter I would love to have as well amazing looking plane for sure we have to do this one.

Comment

They could release it in OD. Let the customer put a gloss black scheme on it if they dare..;)

Comment

Good luck with that one TI. The powers that be won't make a black plane. I have lobbied for this and an SR-71. Seems like the sun is too great an enemy of a black EPO model for it to be considered. In my humble opinion, it would be the baddest assed plane in the entire fleet, but what do I know....

Comment

Have they considered doing them in EPS? My EPS LX F-117 has zero issues with puffing and the whole plane is flat black..

Comment

I would take one if it was chiseled out of a turd as long as it looks scale :Cool:
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I had suggested this beast a while back when it was added to War Thunder. It's one of my favorite twin engine warbirds after the Tigercat.
                    Not only would it be a great plane to fly but it would have a great presence. It looks its best in black but I understand the dilemma when exposed to sunlight. So the best way around this issue would be to offer it with good lighting package and a disclaimer that it should be flown at early dawn, dusk or over cast cloudy days. And for those that don't like those limitations there is Olive Drab version. After all the P-61 was mainly intended to be a night fighter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P-61.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	80233Click image for larger version  Name:	P-61 Balck.jpg Views:	1 Size:	303.1 KB ID:	80234

Comment

G'day gang,
                      I repainted a FMS 1400mm T-28 in drone control colour scheme that has the fuselage a very dark grey, all but black colour and the good old Aussie sun was a consideration as to when and where I was going to fly her.
                      Then along came an idea that is so simple. Make a cover. Then FMS started to offer factory made covers for about nine dollars. I ordered four and have the drone control machine under this except when I fly her and I make sure that I keep her under shade otherwise. Simple.
                      I have flown in temperatures over 48*C but keep all my models in shade during the session. I have a van with a lift up one piece tail gate that I have put the silver sun shade in the window. Perfect for sun and rain. I also carry a 3 metre X3 metre gazebo when I travel away and there are no under cover pits or I can not get the van close enough to the pits to keep an eye on things. [I have never had anything stolen but I know of pilots who have.]
                      If I recall correctly, FMS used to put a cover note in the box about direct sunlight. As I have not purchased a new model for a while, I am not sure if the practice still stands with FMS.
                      However, if anyone was to bring out a P-61 [in a decent scale, say 1500/1700mm] I would one of the first to pre order and I do not normally pre order anything.
                      To be honest, I am totally amazed that a nice P-61 is not out. They would sell like hot cakes, I am sure and to add a sun cover to the package would solve any drama with the sun. If they sell the covers for nine dollars, the cost of making them is very low. I would pay nine dollars more to get a cover anyway.
                      I think I will send an email to FMS and tell them to get moving on it!
                      Get to it blokes, send emails to your favorite company and you never know what might happen!
                      Regards and respect
                      Daryl

Comment

Well gang,
                        I have sent FMS an email outlining that we would all like to see a P-61 made.
                        I mentioned some sizing that we would like to see and then suggested that they could include a cover in the overall package. A suggestion that I carried over for them to include a cover in all of their kits of 1400 mm and bigger. The covers work quite well.
                        Lets see what happens.
                        Regards and respect
                        Daryl

Comment

Name:	20170609_094459.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	80301 1/48th Revell/Monogram kit I did!!

Comment

I've got one of those still in the box...I have tons of old unbuild model planes...I need to sell them and buy more RC planes ;)
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              I've got one of those still in the box...I have tons of old unbuild model planes...I need to sell them and buy more RC planes ;)
                              Hahaha, Join the club TI!!! I have about 35 still in the box, the Space Shuttle launch complex mostly built, and 25 on display in my den/office!!

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                I would take one if it was chiseled out of a turd as long as it looks scale :Cool:
                                LOL Right on brother
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

ahh yes, I would sell every plane I have to get a P61 if I had to...but I wont lol cause Flightline will be generous and give us a 1700 size ! right ? wont they? Please?
                                  Ive built 2 of the 32nd scale HB kits so far..one for the MAAM project and another for a client..still havent built my own though!
                                  but I would love one in OD/grey belly scheme myself.
                                  www.TSHobbies.com
                                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Was my favorite twin prop model ,b-26 "flak bait" close second (thank you dynam). Bronco was third (sorry OV-10)Dynam,flight line...someone get this in production. The chat alone should tell a manufacturer it would be a success. Servo turret option please,OD will work for us if black simply not an option.
                                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

I get all hopeful every time a thread about a P-61 gets started. I'd hit the pre order button as soon as it was available.

Comment

Fire off some emails, gang!
                                        The more the merrier and it make sure that the companies get the message.
                                        I do not care who gets a nice size one out [not interested in anything under 1500mm prefer 1700/2000mm] but if one comes out, I am in.
                                        Regards and respect
                                        Daryl

Comment

Working...
                                        X