Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would not surprise me if one was in the works ;)
    Brandon Moon

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      Would be interesting to see if they build one 1700mm like this f7f
      I remember that Diamond Hobby did indicate that there was another FMS P-38 in the works and there were a few posts about it progressing, then after a while it suddenly disappeared, no word since.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        No need to check. I had the FMS P-38. For me, it was garbage - no satisfaction here. Total waste of money. I got rid of it so cheap, it was like giving it away. I think I got the price of the RX back out of it. The next guy flew it a couple of times and then hung it up as a ceiling ornament. He was a "biker" type. Had I charged him a buck more, he would have hunted me down and beat me to death with his Harley. When it flew, it wallowed like a pig in mud, poor alignment of some parts, tail booms were so flexible, they wagged like a dog's tail (and they were crooked). I now have the Flightline. What a huge difference. Unless FMS updates their P-38 (a LOT), they can't compete.
        Too bad you ended up with a lemon, I know of a couple local flyers that ended up with a real disappointing plane, even though most flyers thought it was a great flying pane. Same thing with automobiles, every once in a while you come across a real lemon even though the critics indicate it is a great driving and dependable car. Go figure, what was the saying the Monday or Friday built car was crap compared to those made during the week.r

I was informed by one of the local flyers who has one of the FMS P-38's that he inserted carbon fiber rods into the two tail boons as he was worried about their flexing, did the trick and he thinks it made the P-38 more stable as well.

He flew that plane until the tires literally fell off and then parked it for the FMS B25. He was sorry to see it go and now of course finding parts for it is hard.

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by DonRhone View Post

Too bad you ended up with a lemon, I know of a couple local flyers that ended up with a real disappointing plane, even though most flyers thought it was a great flying pane. Same thing with automobiles, every once in a while you come across a real lemon even though the critics indicate it is a great driving and dependable car. Go figure, what was the saying the Monday or Friday built car was crap compared to those made during the week.r

I was informed by one of the local flyers who has one of the FMS P-38's that he inserted carbon fiber rods into the two tail boons as he was worried about their flexing, did the trick and he thinks it made the P-38 more stable as well.

He flew that plane until the tires literally fell off and then parked it for the FMS B25. He was sorry to see it go and now of course finding parts for it is hard.
            That's the thing about having a bad one, you don't want to see all the others who have a decent one. It just makes you feel worse.

Comment

Agreed. But then ain't no one gonna knock you here if you did have a good or bad one. We just enjoy the flying, and thank God those particular frames aren't the only ones that exist, because if it were, this would definitely be a short lived hobby

Comment

Originally posted by DonRhone View Post

I remember that Diamond Hobby did indicate that there was another FMS P-38 in the works and there were a few posts about it progressing, then after a while it suddenly disappeared, no word since.
                They(Jim) also made an announcement about an OV-10 on RCG and then suddenly closed the thread (Next 1500 mm FMS plane) under the excuse of some legal whatever.
                Glad he retired:P
                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=332
                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=436
                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=476
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Just received the Silver edition “La Patrona”....Beautiful airplane...I see that they decided to make it a counter rotating prop....nice option although I know many scale guys might disagree....One thing I was disappointed in though which I thought Rich had highlighted in one of his videos....the engine detailing is missing....just a black plastic piece with no silver accents......guess they decided to leave that up to the individual.....in any case beautiful airplane

Comment

I could use another one.... :Cool:

Comment

Looks like a great airplane, and from the videos, the power is there as well. I like the detail of the landing gear from what I can see, I'm just not keen about all the bumpy rivets. Compare Ricks's picture with the real La Patrona....
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	F7F_Tigercat_La_Patrona_-_Reno_Air_Races_2011.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	112363

Also, from what I can see from pics, this La Patrona has the painting on both sides, the real one has it on one side.
                      Here's a close up of mine..
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9626.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	112364
                      Again, I'm not bashing the plane, it looks like quite the flyer and from the performance I get from my FMS airplanes (4) I have no doubt that its as good and even better.
                      I've upgraded my L/G and am in the process of upgrading the power. By the time I'm done, the prices will be about the same. It's a toss up, frankly, owning one of each would be great!

Grossman56

r
                      Team Gross!

Comment

She looks good to me

Comment

Working...
                        X