X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-FLITE CIRRUS SR22T

I picked mine up today, not much to assemble. She'll be together after I get off work tomorrow. Sunday is looking dry for a maiden flight. This is a good looking plane.

Interested to see your reports. My wife has been eyeing this for her hanger.

Comment

Picking mine up today.

Comment

Picked mine up this morning. It looks well thought out, should go together quick and easy. I won't get to put it together until this evening.

After a few planes from Freewing I guess I'm spoiled, was expecting smoother foam from e-flite. This one is a little bumpy around the windows and where the halves of the fuse are glued together. Not a big deal, I plan to wrap or repaint it anyway.

Comment

I got mine the other day. All put together and ready for the maiden. I think Sunday or Monday morning the weather looks good. I am going to use a Gforce 3300mah battery. I had some concerns it might be too big but it fits perfectly. The only issue I have is the cowl is warped so I will need to use a rubber band to keep it on. I called Horizon Hobby and they are going to send a replacement once they get them in. Nice looking plane for a foamie. I usually buy only balsa but this caught my eye and I had to have it.
          My YouTube Channel

Comment

I got mine assembled tonight and I'm not real pleased with the gap between the cabin and top cowl, it's about 1/8".

I checked the parts and I can't move anything to close the gap.

Comment

Checked mine this evening. The gap on mine is about the same. It seems those 2 little pins prevent it from closing up the gap. I even removed a little bit of foam on the part that touches the motor mount screws but that's not it. Those locator pins on the cowl would have to be physically moved to close the gap. I'm not messing with it anymore. Just leaving the gap as is.

Comment

I maidened mine this evening, plus two more flights. Happy to report all went well.

I got the PnP version and put a Spektrum AR600 that I had laying around in it. Taxi and take off from our club grass field was no problem. I flew using Admiral 2600 three cell batteries and the plane has plenty of power for any scale like moves and probably some un-scale like flying.

The landing and nav lights show up well as the sun sets and the sky starts to darken just a bit. The red LED on the bottom didn't show up as well.

The thin wings all but disappear once the plane is a few hundred feet away. The fuselage shape and size helps with orientation though.

The plane flies nice. I was flying in 5 - 8 mph wind and the plane bounced a little, but not so much that it is a problem.

Landing is a non issue, it actually seems to float in, even without flaps.

My Cirrus has a lot of the same dings and gaps that others have mentioned here. Nothing that is a deal breaker for me, but I expected a little better from E-Flite. It flies okay, it is predictable in the air and it lands easy. And, it is a model of a very nice looking GA plane, something I don't think we can get too much of.

If I were grading the plane, I'd give it a B.

I think I will wrap or repaint mine, to improve on the appearance, hopefully make the wings a little more visible and so it won't look like others that I know are gong to be showing up at my club.

Jim

Comment

Got mine put together today, bound, ready to go. Will maiden it in a couple days when the weather gets better. I found the prop was quite out of balance. Had one fairly heavy blade. I also found that the top of the fuselage had some scuffs where the paint rubbed off.
                  When trying to position the battery, I found it was still a bit nose heavy. The 2200 Turnigy HD is only being held by the rear straps and the back of the battery shoved under that thin cover. I can't imagine flying it with less thanb 2200. Using a Zippy 2800, same position, it was a bit more nose heavy. 63.5mm +/-3mm is a bit oddly precise so I'll just send it up as is. It's probably closer to 60mm, maybe a bit less.
                  Oh, and love the way those flaps work.

Comment

Did the maiden on my Cirrus the other day. Plane looks cool with the navigation lights and flaps. Very uneventful maiden. Nice plane for scale flying. In my opinion plane is ok. Just wish it had more power. I generally fly slow but like power when I want it. Anyway here is the video:

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Sweet looking plane

Comment

Flew mine again today (3rd and 4th flights) and nothing odd to report. The planes takes off with authority on 1/2 flaps, flies well at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, does rolls and loops very well. Flies inverted without issue. It lands very nicely with full flaps. Some have said it could use a bit more power. Although I prefer my planes to have an over abundance of power, this one is more than adequate for sedate flying with some spirited fly bys thrown in. It's a gorgeous plane to see in the air and ground tracking is superb. It's a keeper.

Comment

I got mine in and flew it last night. This flies just like the dynam SR22 trainer and the flyzone Corvallis great flyer that's for sure. As the plane is flying by I can not see any gaps lol.

Comment

I had three flghts on my Cirrus today and am still having issues with CG. Moving the 2600 forward is somewhat helpful but I guess I'll adjust the elevator some.
                            Rebound it w/o the Safe and we'll see how that goes.
                            where did you guys end up placing the battery?

Comment

I think the blue and white scheme is attractive, but I found it a bit hard to see in the sky.

So I went from blue and white to red and silver. I still have to finish adding the detail pieces and I'm waiting on some decals from Callie, but the attached photos are where I am at with the plane now.

This should be a little more easy to see against about any sky. I hope to re-maiden this weekend.

Comment

Jim that is absolutely gorgeous !!! The dark red and silver look awesome .....

Bryan
                                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

That is beautiful. I like the stock colors but really hate the unpainted white foam. :Straight-Face: Looks like you have a great fix for that. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                    I think the blue and white scheme is attractive, but I found it a bit hard to see in the sky.

So I went from blue and white to red and silver. I still have to finish adding the detail pieces and I'm waiting on some decals from Callie, but the attached photos are where I am at with the plane now.

This should be a little more easy to see against about any sky. I hope to re-maiden this weekend.
                                    Jim it would be so great if sometime if you made a video of HOW TO COVER the way you do

Bryan
                                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Another awesome covering of a plane! Dang your good at that!

Comment

Thanks guys. Hippie, I'll consider doing a video. I'll have to drag myself through video 101 first.

I flew through five batteries this evening. First flights since the color change. I am very pleased with the way the metallic red catches the sun light. I like it much better than the original blue. I replaced the belly LED with a Flytron strobe. That and the other factory installed lights makes for some fun flying after sunset.

All in all, this is just a nice relaxing plane to fly.

Comment

Working...
                                        X