Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered mine last night.After flying edf's all day, this one I can relax with.

Comment

I''e had a dozen flights on this plane, Flies great and looks better. I recently had a less than perfect landing and slightly bent the nose gear back so that when sitting level the nose gear wheel pant is higher in the back than the front. Otherwise its aligned and functions. Can the nose gear be bent forward manually while still in the plane so that the wheel pant sits level?

Comment

Originally posted by ICM View Post
        I''e had a dozen flights on this plane, Flies great and looks better. I recently had a less than perfect landing and slightly bent the nose gear back so that when sitting level the nose gear wheel pant is higher in the back than the front. Otherwise its aligned and functions. Can the nose gear be bent forward manually while still in the plane so that the wheel pant sits level?
        Yes and no. It depends on how much bending you have to do to get it back to being straight. One thing you can do is to use 2 grabbers. In my case, I use 2 sets of pliers. One to hold the strut firmly and the other to do the bending. If you just reef on it, you may snap something where it goes through the nose of the plane or you may widen the orifice where the assembly goes through the plane. If in doubt, take it out. (Geez, that even rhymed.) :Silly:

Comment

That's exactly what I decided to do - take it out. The bend was where the strut enters the bottom of fuselage and angles up. Didn't want to stress the plastic fitting or the angle. Used a smooth vise and pliers for a 2 degree adjustment and its good as new. Took all of 20 minutes. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
            I think the blue and white scheme is attractive, but I found it a bit hard to see in the sky.

So I went from blue and white to red and silver. I still have to finish adding the detail pieces and I'm waiting on some decals from Callie, but the attached photos are where I am at with the plane now.

This should be a little more easy to see against about any sky. I hope to re-maiden this weekend.
            Just curious how you put the livery on this plane. I read where someone mentioned "covering" it but is that to mean a color material other than paint was used? If so, how do you manage to keep wrinkles and excess get a smooth finish? I'm new at the game but get as much fun out of putting on new livery as I do flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Whizzer View Post

Just curious how you put the livery on this plane. I read where someone mentioned "covering" it but is that to mean a color material other than paint was used? If so, how do you manage to keep wrinkles and excess get a smooth finish? I'm new at the game but get as much fun out of putting on new livery as I do flying.
              Whizzer,
              I have wrapped some foam planes using Oracal brand 651, 751 and 951 series vinyl film. It is the same peel and stick vinyl film that sign makers use and though there is a learning curve to using it, it is pretty easy to use. My planes are not contest winners, they look best from a few feet and in the air. However the vinyl film protects the foam from day to day bumps and my less than perfect landings.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Comment

Hello all this is my second plane now. I have to say it’s a beautiful design and in scale. It flys really nice but I have had the same two situations happen. First time as I was coming in for landing on a turn tilted left with flap at 1 the plane banked very quickly to the right and nose dived. After that flight I flew another brand new trainer for someone and also had some Issues with the transmitter. So I thought I had bought a bad used transmitter so I went out and got a new spectrum dx6e. Got another brand new eflight sr22 and again same situation exactly same way the plane coming in for landing turned to the right and nose dived. Checked batteries were 75 percent 3 cell 3000 and transmitter batteries were fine too. So we are assuming the giro is kicking in and making it stall very quickly. Second time plane did not get too much damage so this time I will be coming in with a lot more speed on the turn with no flaps. A few pictures early morning sunrise.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Idccinc View Post
                    Hello all this is my second plane now. I have to say it’s a beautiful design and in scale. It flys really nice but I have had the same two situations happen. First time as I was coming in for landing on a turn tilted left with flap at 1 the plane banked very quickly to the right and nose dived. After that flight I flew another brand new trainer for someone and also had some Issues with the transmitter. So I thought I had bought a bad used transmitter so I went out and got a new spectrum dx6e. Got another brand new eflight sr22 and again same situation exactly same way the plane coming in for landing turned to the right and nose dived. Checked batteries were 75 percent 3 cell 3000 and transmitter batteries were fine too. So we are assuming the giro is kicking in and making it stall very quickly. Second time plane did not get too much damage so this time I will be coming in with a lot more speed on the turn with no flaps. A few pictures early morning sunrise.
                    I doubt very much that it's anything to do with the transmitter. This plane and some others, require the airspeed to be kept up when banking into a turn and/or when flaps are deployed. When you bank, the airspeed reduces naturally. When you deploy flaps, the airspeed reduces naturally. This is especially true of this plane. Mine and my friend's Cirrus both stall out when banking with flaps if we don't apply more throttle to keep the speed up. We've learned to not only throttle up in those circumstances but to also not use flaps on this plane at all. It simply doesn't need it and can make things worse if you don't know what to do when coming in for a landing.
                    The tendency to stall (drop a wing and spiral towards the ground) is not uncommon with some planes. Their wing shape and design is such that they are just easier to stall when banked over and more so when flaps are used. Try keeping the speed up on turns and don't use flaps till you are more familiar with how the plane works. Gyros can cause more problems when you don't understand what they are trying to do and how they are doing it. They try to correct something that, under certain conditions, cannot be corrected but only aggravates an already bad situation. Bottom line ........................ Don't fly so slow, carry more speed, no flaps, turn off the gyro if you can when preparing to land. Once in the straight final, turn the gyro back on if you really feel you need it. As you say, the plane does fly nicely and can be very stable, just be mindful of the airspeed.

Comment

Nice photos. The Cirrus IS a beautiful plane but it does not behave like a high wing trainer where you can chop and drop to land. You must approach and land with some power. I make my final turn on approach with about 40% - 50% throttle and gradually reduce trying to maintain a slight nose up attitude until the mains touch. The resistance of my grass field will slow the plane so the nose wheel settles. I only use flaps if headwind is 5mph or less but add a bit of power. Take your plane up 3 mistakes high and experiment with throttle settings with and without flaps to see how much power you need to avoid stalling.

Comment

Working...
                      X